Why does Shure offer 2 different lines of IEM's? Pro Audio vs. Personal Audio?
Feb 2, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 6
The pro audio line is their older line, they tend towards a flatter frequency response. The new line uses pretty much the same drivers, but I think they may have been tuned to be slightly more engaging. I wouldn't buy anything from the SCL line anymore, having heard some of them before I have to say they're not extremely impressive. Go for at least the SE420.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 6
that depends on which one you get. i had the e3 and e4 and I liked them. Although I did get them at 30 and 90 so that may have had something to do with it but they arent bad at all if you can get them discounted.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 6
I believe the SCL line is still considered a part of Shure's monitoring systems for stage use. As others have said, they do have a somewhat more neutral sq, although not a huge difference.

I actually prefer the scl4 over the se310 (it sounds a bit more nautral and has replaceable nozzles). The scl4 is my second fav shure iem, behind the 530, and I've tried them all.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 6
I have worn the E2G for one year then lost a channel due to a cable issue at the 90 degree plug area and I'm currently running the SCL2 which is basically the same IEM in appearance and performance in SQ. I bought a used pair of SE210 to see if the design was more durable and SQ is better.....it is noticeably better but not anything to get too excited about.

What I like about the E2*/SCL2 is the cord to the can is heavier and the back of neck cord cinch do-dad works better than the very loose ones on the SE210. Also the 3.5 mm plug is a 90 degree and not straight like the SE210 cord. I own and operate lawn and garden business and at least once a day there is good healthy yank on the cord. I'm having my doubts about the SE210 lasting more than a month under this abuse then again the cord is 2 part. Thus far the cables on my SCL2 has held up better than the E2C/G I had.

Anyhow ... I'm probably going to sport for the newest generation SE530's with the replaceable cables.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the SCL line is still considered a part of Shure's monitoring systems for stage use. As others have said, they do have a somewhat more neutral sq, although not a huge difference.

I actually prefer the scl4 over the se310 (it sounds a bit more nautral and has replaceable nozzles). The scl4 is my second fav shure iem, behind the 530, and I've tried them all.

Of all the Shures you have tried which seemed to be the most abuse tolerant cable wise of either line? Are the cables to the buds on the SE310's heavier than the thin ones on the SE210's

This may not matter when the replaceable cable Shure models hit the market.

*** edit *** ....of all the higher end IEM lets use the Shure SE310 as a benchmark in SQ performance ..... which one is the most durable of all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back