why does nobody ever suggest sony dap players?
Jan 4, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #77 of 92
Well i for one own a NW-A3000, and there isn't one thing up with it, even the latest Connect Player is fine, its fast, very fast infact, especially at transferring tunes.. i've seen it transfer alot quicker than iTunes.

For one, most people on here use hundreds of pounds worth of AMPs, headphones, you name it.. i cant carry round that sort of crap round in my pockets nor do i care for any of it..

For one, get a Sony DAP, and an iPod, run through the headphone out using the same pair of headphones, and play a file, and tell me which one sounds better, i bet that at least 85% of people would say the Sony kills the iPod.

This is what is the most inportant thing to me, quality from the built-in amp, using a decent pair of cans.

The battery life is excellent, the Player is very sleek, it plays MP3, WMA, AAC, ATRAC, WAV.. wat else do you need ? i doubt there are many people that can distinguish between 352kbps Atrac3 Plus and FLAC on the move, if you can, please tell me, im sure your having a laugh.

Most people on this forum are that stuck in the ways and prefer there million dollar setups that they dont releaise that the Sony DAP sound is one of the best if not the Best sound quality DAP..

Sometimes people on this forum cease to amaze me, really they do..

What is so special about the iPod, theres the whole iTunes, iThinkimCool crap but really, why do people love iTunes so much ? whats so good about it, how does sony tie me to properity formats ? it doesn't..

Most of the points people posted in this thread are laughable for thinks against sony.. i could say most about your precious iPod's, which are farr from perfect, including the Angel iTunes.

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #78 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by astranovus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all dap solutions need to be customised

e.g. flac, dap needs to run rockbox
alac, you need itunes
atrac-lossless- sonic stage

iAudio X5 plays FLAC out of the box.

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #79 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i for one own a NW-A3000, and there isn't one thing up with it, even the latest Connect Player is fine, its fast, very fast infact, especially at transferring tunes.....

I thought they dropped Connect Player about 6 months ago? Replaced with SS CP?

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #80 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought they dropped Connect Player about 6 months ago? Replaced with SS CP?

I dont think it was officially dropped, although i dont think we'll see any more updates for it, but it is seriously fast now, at least on my rig anyway.

the version im using is: 1.0.04.16100

Jan 4, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #81 of 92
Sony makes great DAPs, but they have two fundamental flaws:

(1) Price
(2) Software

I love Sony's designs and they've almost always used user-replaceable batteries in their HDD players and AAAs in their flash players. But they've almost always been 2 times the market price per gb on their players and their sonic whatever music transfering service is terrible. I hate ATRAC3plus. Probably the worst codec ever invented apart from .mp3s. It's slow transfering too. Give me a good value player with drag and drop, plus some extras to boot and it'll become a serious contender.

Jan 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #82 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csidinim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Where are your references or figures for that claim? iPod might be in decline versus its earlier years but no way to Sony. plus, the nanos and the shuffle aren't doing poorly by any means. if you had said sandisk, then maybe.

I see as many people now commuting to work with Sony Walkman phone buds as I do with iBuds here in the UK

Jan 4, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #83 of 92
Whats wrong with ATRAC3plus. it sounds good.
confused.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #84 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see as many people now commuting to work with Sony Walkman phone buds as I do with iBuds here in the UK

I see lots of Nokia headsets, but I don't think I've ever seen a Sony Walkman headset on someone other than my own.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #85 of 92
I know a couple of people that have Sony walkman phones and use them for audio ... however I know many more that have nanos or iPod minis. I don't think there are many people who will happily use their mobile phone as their DAP rather then have a specific DAP for that job.

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #86 of 92
I'm a big fan of Sony sound quality and really want Sony to do well in DAP market. I have the 40GB Pocket Vaio and really enjoy its headphone out. My L3000 and E5C sounds great straight from the headphone out. However, I'm very annoyed by a poor user interface, software problems, slow transfer rate, and overly protected copyright (Sonicstage renamed all of my MP3 as openmg files). I wish Sony give DAP another try as I think they have resources to make the best DAP in the world.

Jan 5, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiG™ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i for one own a NW-A3000, and there isn't one thing up with it, even the latest Connect Player is fine, its fast, very fast infact, especially at transferring tunes.. i've seen it transfer alot quicker than iTunes.

For one, most people on here use hundreds of pounds worth of AMPs, headphones, you name it.. i cant carry round that sort of crap round in my pockets nor do i care for any of it..

For one, get a Sony DAP, and an iPod, run through the headphone out using the same pair of headphones, and play a file, and tell me which one sounds better, i bet that at least 85% of people would say the Sony kills the iPod.

This is what is the most inportant thing to me, quality from the built-in amp, using a decent pair of cans.

The battery life is excellent, the Player is very sleek, it plays MP3, WMA, AAC, ATRAC, WAV.. wat else do you need ? i doubt there are many people that can distinguish between 352kbps Atrac3 Plus and FLAC on the move, if you can, please tell me, im sure your having a laugh.

Most people on this forum are that stuck in the ways and prefer there million dollar setups that they dont releaise that the Sony DAP sound is one of the best if not the Best sound quality DAP..

Sometimes people on this forum cease to amaze me, really they do..

What is so special about the iPod, theres the whole iTunes, iThinkimCool crap but really, why do people love iTunes so much ? whats so good about it, how does sony tie me to properity formats ? it doesn't..

Most of the points people posted in this thread are laughable for thinks against sony.. i could say most about your precious iPod's, which are farr from perfect, including the Angel iTunes.

I agree completely.
The popularity of ipods shows people don't really care about batterylife, construction-quality, and, surprising on this forum, sound quality. Because straight out of the headphonejacket, Sony DAPs sound much better then Ipods for most people.
What they care about is street-cred:Sony stinks, Apple great is the correct thing to say, even though the facts nowaday give a different picture.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #89 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree completely.
The popularity of ipods shows people don't really care about batterylife, construction-quality, and, surprising on this forum, sound quality. Because straight out of the headphonejacket, Sony DAPs sound much better then Ipods for most people.
What they care about is street-cred:Sony stinks, Apple great is the correct thing to say, even though the facts nowaday give a different picture.

I disagree, well at least on this forum. People here are smart enough to know how to get the best out of unit, often by not using "straight out of the headphone". One of the main feature of iPods is the smart playlists and integration of those playlists with iTunes. Thats a huge feature that most other DAP don't have. Its not just about ease of use its a sophisticated feature.

No matter how good the SQ, if you have an interface and software thats tiresome and obtuse, thats significant issue that you can't ignore. I use SonicStage a lot, and don't have any problems with it, but its a very poor program from a software design point of view. From an ergonomic point of view their recent products have quite poor controls and menu structures. That goes from TV's to HiMD and everything inbetween. Then you have the issue of OLED in sunlight.

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #90 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree, well at least on this forum. People here are smart enough to know how to get the best out of unit, often by not using "straight out of the headphone". One of the main feature of iPods is the smart playlists and integration of those playlists with iTunes. Thats a huge feature that most other DAP don't have. Its not just about ease of use its a sophisticated feature.

No matter how good the SQ, if you have an interface and software thats tiresome and obtuse, thats significant issue that you can't ignore. I use SonicStage a lot, and don't have any problems with it, but its a very poor program from a software design point of view. From an ergonomic point of view their recent products have quite poor controls and menu structures. That goes from TV's to HiMD and everything inbetween. Then you have the issue of OLED in sunlight.

I can agree on the screen issue, i mean that really is daft, you have to hold the screen at a dodgey angle just to see it, but thats the only gripe i have with the NW-A3000.

Personally, i never really liked sonicstage, but since the A3000 uses connect player im not too fussed.

But i have to disagree with the menu systems, i think that the A3000 has been thought out well wen it comes to the layout, and is similar to the zune, in that horizontal scrolling plays a big part in fiding music.

I can select all songs, and then tap right a few times to select between different song Letters.. this is a fast system.

Also, i can return to the main menu anywhere in two clicks, or go back to the last section i was in, or go to the now playing screen in 3 clicks from anywhere in the player.

I think the NW-A3000's software layout is very fast once you get used to it, it can be a bit slow at first, like typing you could say.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back