Why does my Fiio X1 sound bass light?
Oct 15, 2017 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

faultfracture

Headphoneus Supremus
I usually don't let me own subjective thoughts get in the way of what I see in measurements but this case is driving me nuts... My Fiio X1 no matter what I try, sounds weak in the bass, even compared to my ancient Sansa Fuze... Any thoughts on why this might be? Do I have a defective unit?

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 5
I usually don't let me own subjective thoughts get in the way of what I see in measurements but this case is driving me nuts... My Fiio X1 no matter what I try, sounds weak in the bass, even compared to my ancient Sansa Fuze... Any thoughts on why this might be? Do I have a defective unit?
Is there a preexisting EQ setting active?

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Could it be that your other piece of gear is exaggerating the bass and switching to the FiiO is just more neutral? I'd suggest trying another player or any other gear to see if it sounds bass-light as well. If so, your old gear is just exaggerating the bass and you got used to it

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 5

What headphones/IEMs have you been using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back