Why does music lack bass after sleep?
May 18, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #16 of 21
I've never really noticed anything about listening in the morning.
For what it's worth, ive always felt that the best (most enjoyable) listening sessions are the ones late at night, right before bed.

May 18, 2005 at 9:32 AM Post #17 of 21
The different aspects of hearing are taught in high school. Selective hearing is the part related to the morning syndrome you're talking about. Just because there is a sound, and you hear it, does not mean you are "listening" to the total auditory spectrum it may contain or even capable of it all the time. You actually have to choose to turn your attention to something and tune in on it to be able to pick up on the nuances of what the sound contains. If you're like most americans that get far too little sleep then your brain drags itself back into shape over the first few hours of waking instead of waking refreshed and going at full speed. It's also taught in high school psychology that when we don't get enough sleep from day to day we are actually building up hours of sleep that we didn't get and that's why we all have "off days", cause our brains are making us pay for it. It's not like we are getting away with anything when we sleep 5 hours instead of 7-8, we are just running short of our potential as a result.
blink.gif

May 19, 2005 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 21
I undrestand what you mean. Mum woke me early today on my only sleep in day of the week. Left me pretty foul. Got better though, went to listen to a very nice $100000 plus setup today. Made me wish i had money. Now I feel a lot worse
rolleyes.gif

Emon I believe when rodent was referring to feng-shui he wasn't talking about it improving the sound more of it was making the point that if something feels good then it is good.

That's what feng shui is about anyway, it's an art of architecture to make people feel good. And I fully agree. It effects your psychological state and regardless of what people say your psychological state does effect your senses.

May 19, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
I undrestand what you mean. Mum woke me early today on my only sleep in day of the week. Left me pretty foul. Got better though, went to listen to a very nice $100000 plus setup today. Made me wish i had money. Now I feel a lot worse
rolleyes.gif

Emon I believe when rodent was referring to feng-shui he wasn't talking about it improving the sound more of it was making the point that if something feels good then it is good.

That's what feng shui is about anyway, it's an art of architecture to make people feel good. And I fully agree. It effects your psychological state and regardless of what people say your psychological state does effect your senses.

Party! Pretty much it. Have you ever noticed that after watching a scary movie or CNN's campain to bring fear to N.A. you hear every noise in your dark hallway on the way to bed. Ooooo, scary. Not really, just your body sensing your anxiety and giving you the tools to defend yourself. Might come from the days when some animal thought of us as food? Try a relaxing cup of tea, or a spliff, then you will think you just modded your CD player and spent a billion dollarson your rig! LOL!

Rodent

May 21, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #21 of 21
Ahh that would explain it. That's exactly what I do every night. Relax with a cup of tea with the lights on their dimmers pumping out some Eva Cassidy or Rebecca Pidgeon. That's a hard act to follow in the morning after some noise tosses you out of bed.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back