Why does Internet Explorer freez ???
Jan 29, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken

no you probably shouldn't ask...
eek.gif

Either way I think most of those things come from KaZzA Downloads.

Does Morpheous really do the exact same thing as KaZzaA without spyware??

[Edit: Perhaps this is why I have to re-install KaZzA after each time I use Ad-Aware
mad.gif
KaZzA could be SUPPORTING Spyware
eek.gif
]

1)I'm pretty sure KaZaA can't run without the spyware...

2) You'd be amazed at how similar KaZaA and Morpheus are, only the spyware, the start page and the logo tell the difference. I've tested and I get the exact same results from both of them..

3) Audio&Me, I agree that finding anything but 128 is hard, I do find quite a bit of wav too. This goes for both KaZaA and Morpheus...

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #33 of 37
mbriant - glad to be of service.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, when I first tried Kazza, I suspected right away that there were spyware programs. I did a deep search within my system, flushed them out, and it still worked fine. But Kazza has a bitrate limiter so the hell with that...

There might be a lot of wavs out there, but none of them that I am looking for, I don't listen to the gen-x mainstream stuff.

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #34 of 37
How to make Kazaa run after using Ad-Aware:

Download this file, and follow the instructions in the readme. Run Ad-Aware again, and place the file cd_clint.dll that it finds in the "Ignore" list. After installing any software that might possibly contain spyware, overwrite the cd_clint.dll file in the system32 directory with the one in the zip, just to be safe.

Run Kazaa and enjoy!

note: If you re-install Kazaa, you will have to overwrite the file in the directory, as I mentioned above.

Jan 29, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Fiddler - I've been meaning to try Opera, does the pop-up filter work? Faster as in renders pages faster or loads them faster or both? Mouse gestures, lol, I'm a keyboard person, ALT key for me.

Well, you can use Z and X to go back and forward on the keyboard (no alt!).
smily_headphones1.gif
And trust me, once you start using mouse gestures, you'll use it ALL THE TIME.. I sometimes do it by mistake when I'm using IE (Hotmail doesn't work in Opera...
mad.gif
). I find that everything is faster in general, although some sites don't load properly. The pop-up filter works beautifully, btw.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

And trust me, once you start using mouse gestures, you'll use it ALL THE TIME.. I sometimes do it by mistake when I'm using IE

heh, i do that same thing too. i've been using opera for years, and no one understands why i like it so much. but once you get used to it, it really kicks ass. the only thing i don't like is that too many people design sites to only work with IE.

Jan 29, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #37 of 37
Well, I'm quite fond of the IE interface, especially the right click options. Most people use the mouse to navigate, but alt and tab are my two favorite keys, =).
I personally think that Nustcrape sucks. So I designed my homepage (currently down, I think I might have to change servers/domain) for IE, which is the only browser I use anyway. But just for the pop up filter, I'll give Opera a try.

BTW, isn't opera more or less same as ie? I thought they were based on same code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back