Why do you think high quality audio is overlooked by the masses ?
Jun 19, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #106 of 109
People just Don't know how good headphones and Speakers can sound. They think better speakers can get louder with more bass, and that is it. They don't know about a 3D soundstage, where music hangs in the air, speakers where instruments can sound hauntingly real.
I would compare it to a blind man having no conception of color.
You can't miss or want something you don't even know exists.
On another thought..
A lot of audiophiles, especially Reviewers have very morphed and peculiar tastes...... I too sometimes think they have hearing damage, some of the super expensive gear that is very highly regarded on Head-Fi to my ears sounds like a car crash....so there is that bridge to cross too.
Hi-Fi is a convoluted mess, tough to please everyone.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #107 of 109
I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube microphone reviews from studio engineers and these guys are passionate about their microphones. One producer described hearing the legendary U47 tube microphone as like losing his virginity. That’s how passionate these guys are with microphone appreciation. As you may know, microphones can be just as complex as headphones.

My point is that appreciation is a learned thing. If you are exposed to those environments of sophisticated gear, it’s easier to understand the greatness of these gear items

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #108 of 109
I was wondering. The same thing, why people love image quality but not music.

My husband freaks when I say I've spent 100€ on a 3-SHM-SACD set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back