Why do you spend so much on Headphones?
Apr 3, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcTeryx
Heh if you thought ski's were expensive...

Colnago carbon fiber bicycle frame: $3500
Colnago carbon fiber fork: $600
Zero gravity brake calipers: $400
Titanium bicycle chain: $340
Campagnolo wheels: $2800
FSA handle bar $250
Shimano dura ace brake/shift levers: $430
Vittoria tires $140/pair
Look titanium pedals $600
Fizik carbon bike seat $230
Look carbon fiber seat post $230

Add in a cassette, headset, bb, and all the other components and you can easily approach $12-13000 for a bicycle.

Daum!! For a bicycle?? When did Harley start doing pedalers??
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Daum!! For a bicycle?? When did Harley start doing pedalers??
wink.gif

Heh, don't worry, we get plenty of people over at bikeforums.net asking who would want to spend several grand on a bike when a $69.95 special from walmart would do.

Apr 3, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
I was wondering, why do u spend tons of money for little change in the way the music sounds, is it really worth hundredds of dollars, does hearing something slightly different put a smile on your face?

Music puts a smile on my face. Headphones (and their related equipment) are my chosen means of access to that music. Different headphones can offer varying perspectives on the music, and I find pleasure in the variety.

BW

Apr 4, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #35 of 54
I only got the ATH-A500's, but for me it was because I spend so much time on my computer using my headphones...I wanted that time to be spent listening to quality sound and not through cheap headphones with poor quality.

Kind of like a bed..you sleep in a bed over 6 hours EACH day, might as well have a good one.

-EB

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by videocrew
its safer than drinking my money (well, i still do that i suppose...)

Totally agreed
icon10.gif

If I had the money I spent on alcohol last year, I could buy a baby orpheus...
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
why do people spend money on anything then? Why have Filet Mignon when you can have a Big Mac
rolleyes.gif

LOL. pwnd.
tongue.gif

OK, let's move onto the next stupid question.

Oh wait. There are no stupid questions. Only stupid..................

-Ed

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #39 of 54
Although the thread starter worded his question quite snobbishly, I don't think he really meant it to be so. Cmon, how many of us (as newbies) thought the same thing? We didn't fathom such expensive components, or even using phones for a non-portable. I think the answer is quite simple: we, as a community, are a bit off our rockers. There, I said it. Most of us head-fiers are, to quote a famous media figure: "Cuckoo for cocoa puffs". I'm sure you get my fairly ambigous and possibly incoherent point.

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Although the thread starter worded his question quite snobbishly, I don't think he really meant it to be so. Cmon, how many of us (as newbies) thought the same thing? We didn't fathom such expensive components, or even using phones for a non-portable. I think the answer is quite simple: we, as a community, are a bit off our rockers. There, I said it. Most of us head-fiers are, to quote a famous media figure: "Cuckoo for cocoa puffs". I'm sure you get my fairly ambigous and possibly incoherent point.

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

So if you don't want to spend so much money, don't listen to the expensive setups.

-Ed

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
Hobbies are expensive, what good is money if you dont spend it?

Well, you can save it until you die, and then your children can inherit it and save it until they die, and then maybe their children will have poor moral values and spend it, but then it would be OK since their children could save all of their money until they die.

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #42 of 54
It's because I was not smart enough to get away before this place snared me.

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
Because i feel like it, and its my money.

Still got the illusion of control, eh? Spend some more time on Head-Fi, my newcomer friend...
biggrin.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #44 of 54
I was an audiophile about 15 years ago and spent big money on a system I was pleased with. Of course there was always the desire to continue to upgrade but a changing life situation ended that. I was not a phone's user. I've dropped in here for very short, rare visits about 18 months ago as I was considering adding an iPod to my Mac. I was very wary of the 'bug' but knew I would want something better then the iPod phones. Last month I bought my iPod and in 30 days have gone from E2C, ER-6i, to ER-4P. Course then I needed a few other things as well. In a month my wallet is almost $1500 lighter.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back