Why do you guys play World of Warcraft?
Oct 30, 2007 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

papomaster

500+ Head-Fier
After playing myself since the game is out (I bought it the very morning it came out, same thing for the expansion), I thought about why do lots of people keep playing the game after years of playing, with tenths, sometimes hundreds of days played... So my question is :

What keeps you guys (who play Wow, no WoW flaming in this thread plz) playing WoW?

Leveling new characters, questing, PvP, group instances, farming, grinding, raiding, World PvP, friends...

I, for myself, absolutely loved raiding but since I don't play that much anymore, I like to level my warrior (46, tank specced, so much funnier than MS) to 70, then the real fun will begin.

Also, the thing I loved on the first times I played was exploration : I think I was the first one to discover Eastern Plaguelands, but by cliff-walking in Hinterlands and going though ghostlands. Discovering the graphics of the new geographic designs was nice.

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 14
Cause it's designed to be more addictive than crack.

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cause it's designed to be more addictive than crack.

Exactly why I stay away from it. Seriously though, I think I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to level building.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 14
when i used to play it was all for the guild, but i quit cold turkey a few months ago. if someone needed me, i was there, either a 60/70 beastmaster hunter or mage though, i loved my hunter more than all my alts. my favorite memory was taking a priest, 2 mages, and warlock into LBRS with my hunter as tank, my turtle "Michelangelo" was main tanking, while i off tanked. only problem we had was i couldn't kite a %^*& thing cause Mike would disappear on the clothies, so my tanking ability was basicly wingcliping and trapping my target
biggrin.gif

edit: oh yeah, that was way before the expansion, and most of us were only 2 or 3 pieces into our T1 gear

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 14
I quit this summer after 150 days of /played as a hunter beast master. I also have a lvl 62 paladin. I played mostly for raiding, and raid I did. And raid I hated towards the end.

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by afphreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i used to play it was all for the guild, but i quit cold turkey a few months ago. if someone needed me, i was there, either a 60/70 beastmaster hunter or mage though, i loved my hunter more than all my alts. my favorite memory was taking a priest, 2 mages, and warlock into LBRS with my hunter as tank, my turtle "Michelangelo" was main tanking, while i off tanked. only problem we had was i couldn't kite a %^*& thing cause Mike would disappear on the clothies, so my tanking ability was basicly wingcliping and trapping my target
biggrin.gif

edit: oh yeah, that was way before the expansion, and most of us were only 2 or 3 pieces into our T1 gear

x2

and I know *exactly* what you mean. I too played a hunter. WoW was a major time investment for me for almost nine-months until I gave it up cold turkey Nov, 2005.

Incredible technology. But the prime motivator is gambling with just enough reward to keep you going,along with co-dependency from other players--big social aspect.

That said, it could be freaking *fun*! Where, in real life can you get 40 people together to work as an organized, tight, cooperative team focused on achieving a goal?

My bear, Butkus, was my friend through it all, and quite the tank. I miss him.
frown.gif

Anyway ingwe, the hunter, now exists only in memory (and several hundred screen shots and movies).
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's "ingwe" trying to explain the obvious to the oblivious.
smily_headphones1.gif

deafears.jpg

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #9 of 14
I have been playing 2 years on with a Human Paladin. I only play for my friends anymore. It has lost most of its luster to me though.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 14
I stopped playing since all my friends did, but the PvP in wow was the best part of the game IMO.

Nov 27, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #13 of 14
pvp. i got sucked into the whole raiding thing which was pretty cool, but logging on and pvping with the same dudes/gals who were all 1337 was the best part of the game to me. i quit before blizzard changed the whole point system which was probably a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back