Why do we have toes?
Jul 10, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
snip

And, we're not making fun of that poor asian guy at pictures above, right?

snip

I think the guy in the photos is already working around that particular life challenge.

I can't think that anyone would think it was anything other than pretty amazing how he has adapted to using his feet, but we surely don't need to be overly politically correct about the whole thing.

Jul 10, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the guy in the photos is already working around that particular life challenge.

I can't think that anyone would think it was anything other than pretty amazing how he has adapted to using his feet, but we surely don't need to be overly politically correct about the whole thing.

The portion of his motor cortex responsible for his feet and toes probably expanded and took over some parts of where it would normally be mapped to the hands.

Got those images from an email, was suppose to be encouraging and motivational email.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen here.

He he
Once in a while I have something smart to say...
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 37
i want to say something funny that would add to this thread, head-fi in general and garner me a spot with 'funniest post evar' in someone's subscript, but alas all i can say is that i'm glad i've got toes, though they at times try to rebel.

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #35 of 37
To help with the numbers above ten, of course!

lambda.gif

May 29, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #36 of 37
Because we evolved from primates. We are all from Africa. When we were primates, our feet were like hands. We were mammals with 4 hands. Later, our extra hands evolved to feet and the fingers turned to toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back