Why do we do it?
May 9, 2003 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

bubsdaddy

1000+ Head-Fier
Most of us own multple sets of decent quality headphones, yet we are always in search of the next purchase. Why? Have you ever tried to explain this to the non-headphone obsessed?

May 9, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Because We Can.

Can.

Geddit?

Oh all right then, be like that.

hehehe. Which leads to another question: why are headphones also called "cans"?

May 9, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 52
cause they used to have strings attached to them that spanned to the neighbor kids house?

May 9, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 52
Why have more than one car? Cause, I like to have a daily driver and a weekend car.

May 9, 2003 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 52
Friends have two theories:

1) Can't afford great quality stereo/speakers.

2) Don't have girlfriend.

Number two is less about finances, but rather the time to develop passion/sickness towards something like phones.

Don't necessarily agree with one. Won't touch two.

May 9, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx

Number two is less about finances

Uhm... last time i checked, having a girlfriend is expensive. Taking her out to dinner, movies & shiet. Then all these random anniversaries, birthdays, and random holidays pop up and you're spending money on gifts gifts gifts after already spending so much money on just going out. It's not an easy task... except first year of college. Our school doesn't have ****, so dates usually consisted of taking a girl to a nice dinner at the cafeteria (meal plan!) and walking to the beach (only a 10 min walk, bwahahahaahha).

May 9, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by bubsdaddy
Most of us own multple sets of decent quality headphones, yet we are always in search of the next purchase. Why? Have you ever tried to explain this to the non-headphone obsessed?

My guess is that no one headphones do everything you want 'em to do.

they all have what they are good and lousy at.

So, depending on your mood, I see people switch headphones/amps etc..etc..it's like a having a wine celler.

The goal is to find an all-around pair of can's that pass through signal fed to them *fairly* unaltered.

May 9, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 52
Yeah that dating stuff is total bull, I'll stick with my cans
wink.gif

Anyway, as long as we know that there's something bigger and better out there, we can't help but want it
smily_headphones1.gif
It's the neverending search for perfection. I admit though it's easy to get dissatisfied with your gear here. I've cooled my jets and am enjoying what I have now
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, well, yeah I suppose if I had money things would be different
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Actually, having a gf is cheaper than dating.

But then you get married...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back