Why Do RS1's Sound SO Good?
Aug 29, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Johnny: But, Dude, she's a Harvard grad, speaks three languages fluently, enjoys the ballet and is tall, slim and so damn pretty. Very, very elegant and refined. I did mention she's pretty, right?

Dude: Yeah, but does she look good in a pair cut-offs and drink beer from a can?

Johnny: Uhm...I don't think she drinks and I'm not sure if she even owns a pair of shorts.

Dude: My point exactly.

The RS1's are kind of like that.

That is PERFECT!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by donlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience has been just the opposite. I have owned RS-1's continuously since 1995. Although I have tried most of the hot new phones that have come along, I always end up going back to the RS1's. The latest fling coming to an end is the HD 800. It does many things better than the RS-1 except for one. It lacks the fun and emotion of live music. I started to realize I was just getting bored with the Senns so I tried a new pair of RS-1i's and the fun is back.

Regarding why someone would buy RS-1's over GS1000's...it's not to save a little money, they simply sound better to many people.

RS1 does sounds better to me
atsmile.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by l1f35ux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS1 does sounds better to me
atsmile.gif

x2 for me. The GS1000s don't have that Grado house sound that I love.

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #36 of 37
I've bought too many cans, IEMs, and stereo components over the years and for each and every purchase I've been a UPS or Fedex or whatever tracking-hound. You know the type...checking the tracking a couple times a day to watch the item getting closer and closer to its destination.

I've currently got another can en route, but this time, as I sit enjoying the hell out of these Grados (Steve Reid's Bamboo Forest right now), I'm wondering if I should have even made the purchase. They'll be here on Thursday but I'm not overly anxious or excited.

I'm sure I'll "ooh" and "ahh" and show them to my co-workers when they first arrive. And I'm also sure I'll listen to them for a few and think "Wow, these sound fantastic!" And I'm kind of guessing they'll get re-boxed and put into my drawer along with three other cans I've brought from home to swap the RS1s out with.

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've bought too many cans, IEMs, and stereo components over the years and for each and every purchase I've been a UPS or Fedex or whatever tracking-hound. You know the type...checking the tracking a couple times a day to watch the item getting closer and closer to its destination.

I've currently got another can en route, but this time, as I sit enjoying the hell out of these Grados (Steve Reid's Bamboo Forest right now), I'm wondering if I should have even made the purchase. They'll be here on Thursday but I'm not overly anxious or excited.

I'm sure I'll "ooh" and "ahh" and show them to my co-workers when they first arrive. And I'm also sure I'll listen to them for a few and think "Wow, these sound fantastic!" And I'm kind of guessing they'll get re-boxed and put into my drawer along with three other cans I've brought from home to swap the RS1s out with.

Yep, it's happened to me many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back