Why do people say the SR-225's are uncomfortable?
Sep 15, 2005 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Prairie

New Head-Fier
I just got my SR-225's a couple days ago from GoodCans.com (Highly Reccomended, thanks Bill!) and I couldn't be more happy.

When I first started listening to them the highs were a bit harsh (Dave Matthews) but the A Tribe Called Quest and Paul Simon sounded beautiful through them. After about 60 hours of listening or so they are finally starting to open up...the bass is clean, the highs are beautiful...I don't even have my amp yet and they run fine off of my Mini.

This was my first dabbling into high end headphones but i'm very happy with my purchase...

I can't understand how anyone would think these are uncomfortable, I've been wearing them probably 8 hours or so a day total (work and school are interfering with my listening.) The bowls are comfy and I actually don't even notice them after 20 minutes or so of listening...I even have pretty thick sideburns!

GR1.jpg

I know you all know what they look like...oh well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 5
I agree, I don't find they noticeably worse than any other headphone. They sit around my ears and I reduced the pressure by bending the headband because I have a large head. In fact, I find them better than the HD600 because of the lesser clamping force.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 5
think it has to do with the headband and need to expand it to fit the head. I admit the rs-1s are't the most comfortible headphones I have. SA5000s and HD650s are easlier to wear for longer periods of time. But either of them touch my ears. Which after awhile does get to me.

Just my two cents..

-Chris

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah Grados with bowls are comfortable to me too. I don't have any problem...the bowls do practically cover most of my ear.

Sep 15, 2005 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 5
Maybe that's it...the bowls cover my ears almost completely, reversed bowls didn't sound as good and weren't as comfortable.

I didn't really have to bend the headband much to get it to fit, I bent it up a little bit so it would get off a cut I have on the top of my shaved head but, That's it
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back