Why do people recable cheap headphones?
Nov 15, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #31 of 36
This is a hobby. Folks do all sorts of things to everything in the music chain. Skills, money, and taste are all different.

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #32 of 36
The people that hear a difference are obviously right as there are too many people that have re-cabled their headphones that have found there is a difference; sometimes significant, sometimes subtle. What do you say to all the people that don’t hear a difference-“you don’t know what you are missing out on.”

The people that don’t hear a difference are obviously right as there has never been any objective evidence, apparently not a single successful, repeatable blind test and if you can’t measure the difference then it isn’t different. And to those that believe they have done a blind test successfully and repeatedly, you will fail with a double blind test. How do you explain all the other people that hear a difference-wishful thinking, psychoacoustics and liars.

And me, well I purchased a blue dragon cable (fine craftsmanship) for my Pro900 and found audio bliss, problem is I still don’t know if the stock cables that came with the Ultrasone sound any different. I use the blue dragon all the time now and it sounds great, so why bother trying to do testing to determine if it is better or not? I have nothing to prove and I don’t care. Will I purchase another re-cable in the future, not purely for sonic improvement I won’t. If there is a difference, then investing the money in better source or amp components, or simply buying another headphone will give more significant results IMO of course.
If the cable is damaged, too short/long, has microphonic issues, then re-cable.
If you are a believer, then re-cable. If you are a handy person and like re-cabling, then re-cable. If you do not need to re-cable, are not a handy person who likes to re-cable, and you are a non-believer, then don’t re-cable and stop trying to convince the believers they are wasting their money. They already know you are wrong.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #33 of 36
Agree with Kernmac,

We all have a different hearing range, believer in cables or not one must accept we are not the same lol.

I know for damn sure my hearing isn't as good as it used to be
smily_headphones1.gif
even thought I am only 25.

Simplest way to find out why people re-cable, just give it a try. If you notice and prefer the difference then all good you see why some people do it.

On the other hand you might not notice any difference, but thinking about it surely changing a component like the cable should affect the overall sound to some degree.

I am not going to give you % on so call improvement but when I got my 650 I noticed an immediate change and again after 100+ hours.
This change might not be what you’re looking for, you might prefer the stock sound which is fine but you will only find out by giving it ago for yourself.

End result is whatever setup makes the music sound better to you.

4077636471_b08a887509.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back