Why do iPods sound so bad?
Aug 7, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #91 of 112
a Mini USB cable costs $3, an official Apple Ipod cable costs $19,95
i can buy 6 cables for my D2 for the cost of 1 ipod cable, and its the same cable as my card reader and digital camara, aswell as my cellphone,

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #93 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a car kit- power dock cable connected to a cigarette lighter adapter and a mini to mini for my iPod at eBay for $4.50. You are stacking the deck, my friend.

See ya
Steve

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #94 of 112
Quote:

i can buy 6 cables for my D2 for the cost of 1 ipod cable, and its the same cable as my card reader and digital camara, aswell as my cellphone,

Wow, the iPod bashers are getting desperate huh, now attacking the USB cable too.
580smile.gif
There are plenty of iPod dock adaptors that will allow you to use a standard USB cable. Heck, all iPods come with a USB to dock connector cable! (except the shuffles of course)

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #95 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Relatively easily with added and (for me anyway) non-free software

Yes, but it isnt plug and play as you would expect from a external hard drive, at least not under Windows XP , and file transfer is only possible with exogenous software.

Winamp, podshare, yamipod, all are freewares, and all can upload the tracks from your iPod to your PC.

Update your XP to service pack 2.

Aug 8, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #96 of 112
Quote:

but in the end of the day, i rather have a working player then a play around with patches and work around,

Agreed, and so far iPod is the only DAP that works great for me out of the box without patches or workarounds (other than firmware updates), namely gapless MP3 and unicode.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #97 of 112
I find it rather humorous that iTunes is getting whacked by people when the majority of DAP vendors don't provide any comparable software to transfer files to the dap and rely on drag/drop for updates.

What's the rationalization for that?

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #98 of 112
The "Apple experience" includes all the possibilities, not just the ones offered by Apple. I assume you feel free to use other applications on your computer than the ones offered by the operating system manufacturer, that you don't only buy house-brand groceries, etc. It's pretty lame to criticize a company because other people have been able to fill market niches that they didn't. Apple created a product that has created a whole secondary market with limitless add-ons and mods--what other player has accomplished that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is completely irrelevent to the discussion of the Apple "experience". Sure you can hack it a million ways, but one can hardly commend Apple for that.

As for PodWorks, once again, not something you pat Apple on the back for. I know exactly what Apple does, but in this case you're going around iTunes and complimenting iTunes for it. That doesn't make any sense.

That's great that you rip video's and hack your way around iTunes flaws, but that doesn't negate them.

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #99 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it rather humorous that iTunes is getting whacked by people when the majority of DAP vendors don't provide any comparable software to transfer files to the dap and rely on drag/drop for updates.

What's the rationalization for that?

My Creative Zen comes with two programs , one is for music library organization and allows two way file transfer and the other does file transfer and playlist /album creation via a Windows Explorer plug-in, they are not great pieces of software but they do work adequately.

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #101 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Creative Zen comes with two programs , one is for music library organization and allows two way file transfer and the other does file transfer and playlist /album creation via a Windows Explorer plug-in, they are not great pieces of software but they do work adequately.

Compared to iTunes they are

better
equal
lesser

functionally? I would think that I'd prefer an integrated solution. The Meizu M3 came with nothing.

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #103 of 112
I think the iPod sound pretty good. Especially when you consider that its a tiny, highly portable, player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back