Why do clubs play their music so loud? (Not headphone related)
Apr 1, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #16 of 20
it is a known fact that the ladies like to dance.

and another little tid bit and well known by club owners is : If you want to make a bucket load of loot you have to draw in the ladies and then the men will follow !

this is common sense.go to your average "working mans" bar and you will find something similiar to the old TV show "Cheers".

A few regulars who pop in daily,everone knows everyone else,everybody knows your business,one big happy family but NOT a lot of real money exchanging hands !

Most just pop in either during the lunch hour or for a spell after work,have a couple of cocktails then jet.

but the clubs,the clubs are out for the laundry basket full of dead presidents (greenbacks,donatas,loot,cash
tongue.gif
) and for that you need bodies and like i said-if you want the guys you must first attreact the ladies and the guys will follow and for the ladies it is dancing that will bring them, in.

they want,no they NEED a place where they can go that makes it an essential thing to dress up.Woman LOVE dressing up and they need an excuse to do it.Going shopping or going to the bank just don't get it done and to overdress for a chore or errand makes that person look out of place.

But fast forward to "I am going to the club tonight" and it turns into a three hour clothing and makeup session.If you think this is work forgetaboutit guys !

The females i have known eat this crap up and the planning stages are as much a part of the event as the actuals !

Once actually on site and in the club all that planning can no go for simply sitting around like a vulture on a tree (though for the guys it is a cose call) but now they need to actually DO SOMETHING !

and that something is dancing !

The song does not count as long as the beat is pulsating and with enough force that even the inept can follow it and maybe have a shot at following it on the dance floor.

high fidelity sound ?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ??!!!???

No way they want a few patrons sitting around and enjoying the music when they can have MANY patrons having at it on the dance floor,all having a blast and maybe pairing off for the evening.

good times and happy people =major profits and smiles all around
icon10.gif

not that i know anything about this stuff folks,been married for a very loooong time.

but once i was a single man and ,well...............
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #17 of 20
I think that sometimes volume is pumped up so that people cant talk to each other and keep drinking. If the music is lower then people might actually manage to talk to each other without bending on each other ear and thats bad for booze sales.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

I think that sometimes volume is pumped up so that people cant talk to each other and keep drinking. If the music is lower then people might actually manage to talk to each other without bending on each other ear and thats bad for booze sales.

Talking is for the next morning.......maybe.......

OOOPS ! NOW I did it !

The PC police are at my door as I type
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 20
Would that be Country, Pop, Rock, Rap, Metal, Disco, Techno, Eurodance, etc.?

For some it is to exaggerate the Bass so that you can feel it in your stomach or sex centre. But mostly it is to excite everyone so that everyone can feed off the vibes off each other, in other words a feeding frenzie.

I once heard a Rock band that was so loud that I had to retire to the back of the club - right at the bar.

But I have fond memories of dancing at Roseland where my shirt was moving about 2" in the centre of the dance floor. Now that was some good times had by all.

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

I once heard a Rock band that was so loud that I had to retire to the back of the club - right at the bar.

Only once in my life did i experience actual physical pain at either a club or live event and that was the mosh pit at a metallica concert a while back (long while
tongue.gif
).

I could not get outta there fast enough and this was an outdoor concert
eek.gif

indoors there would be no escape with even the back wall being a reflective surface and feeding the volume level delayed by a few milliseconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back