Why did they eliminate the Denon's D1001?
Jun 28, 2011 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sleepless64

Head-Fier
I am so upset! I had the D1001 in my hands in December and decided to wait for the new model... I did and I regret it sooo much!

Why would a company such as DENON do such a stupid move?

I got the new AH-D1100 and they are so inferior, awful bass, so so mediums, oh well... does anyone know where I could get a new pair of the D1001?

Thanks,

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 10
Can you get a Creative Aurvana Live? Aren't they meant to be a re-badged Denon D1001?

There seems to be some places in the UK still clearing old stock of D1001s for about £100. Would be expensive to ship to Canada though probably.

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #6 of 10
For "sleepless64". I just ordered a pair of headphones from iheadphones in the U.K. The standard shipping was under $10 U.S. so the shipping to you should be close to the same. The only bad thing about ordering is that they don't give a conversion rate at time of purchase so you have to go to other sources to see what it is or check with CC company a couple days after placing an order to check to see how much you've been charged. I don't think you are in the minority FWIR the D-1100 is not an upgrade from the D-1001, I'm glad I purchased a pair a few years back. Also the standard shipping was fairly quick, received in the post in 6 business days to Southwestern U.S. so I would guess to your location it may only be 4 to 5 business days. Iheadphones does keep you abreast of shipment day by way of your e-mail. Hope this info. helps. Happy Listening.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Thank you rhfactor1... you know? after informing myself, I've just decided to spend it a little more money and go for the Sennheiser's 25 II... VERY dissapointed with the Denon 1100... what a stupid thing from such a big company, to eliminate from the market a great product (the D1001) to substitute it with a downgrade.

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 10

After spending money on 4 or 5 different "portable" models, around 2 years of trial and error, I finally got decent sound, much thanks to guidance in this. I finally went for the Sennheiser 25-1 II. It's sad to see that no really great portable headphones exist, but these are very good; not a consumer design and all plastic but very good sound without being "heaven" as some people say.

I used them with my loosless files (music) and Bithead portable amp. I hope someday soon, one company goes for the great headphones. Thanks for all this guidance.

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #9 of 10
There's always the Edition 8 for a great portable lol.

I have sent my HD25 off for a re-spray so they look a bit nicer. They should come back looking like this but without the green cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back