Why did no one tell me about the Karma sooner!
May 25, 2005 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hackeron

100+ Head-Fier
I mean... WOW!

With the Shure E5, this is a night and day difference to my previous flash player (IOPS MPF-350) and still much better than the M-Audio Rev (envy24HT).

I didnt A/B this with the Ipod, but I was never impressed with the sound quality of my friend's ipod.

So what did the Karma improve?

The bass!

It is not more punchy, it is not louder, it isnt even clearer (well, not much clearer anyway), but its deep. *Very* deep. A good 10-20hz bellow what I get on my IOPS.

Result? - bass becomes atmospheric rather than upfront and doesnt muddy the sound, everything sounds more separated and far more detail gets through.

I'm not sure what else in the signature changed (only had it for a few hours), but things do sound more natural, voices especially and at the same time more full. I just cant believe how much better everything sounds compared to even very reputable sources like envy24HT based sound cards!

Hope I dont run into the famous stability problems
wink.gif

May 25, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzo
because they like to be broken

Well, the warranty is 12 months now (which is a huge improvement over the original 90 days) and the player is supplied with up to date firmware that seems to have all reported bugs ironed out.

May 25, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes, it is 12 months- in the UK.

Congrats on your purchase! I hope you continue to enjoy it- I know I do with mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back