Why can't I lower my Ipod's volume?
Aug 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
For some reason, I cannot lower the volume on my ipod all the way, even though the blue volume line decreases to zero.
Also, there seems to be a cap on the upside as well; i can fill the entire blue bar and the volume doesnt increase past a certain point.

What am I missing here?

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 18
I had this same problem when I tried my friend's brand new 120gb classic. With my UM2, minimum volume was still too loud for some music. It's one of my reasons for not getting one.

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason, I cannot lower the volume on my ipod all the way, even though the blue volume line decreases to zero.
Also, there seems to be a cap on the upside as well; i can fill the entire blue bar and the volume doesnt increase past a certain point.

What am I missing here?

Which phones do you hook to ? if it's too sensitive? Try other phones.

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What am I missing here?

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im not sure what you are referring to here; talkin about Ipods, not phones.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 18
Different phones will react differently to the same outputs of power from an iPod. I've had earbuds that are too loud on certain sources as well. I only really felt it was a problem with certain video files though, never with music. Unless this is happening on all your phones, then you might have something broken. Just to be safe I'd try seeing if the controls in rockbox are too loud too.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different phones will react differently to the same outputs of power from an iPod. I've had earbuds that are too loud on certain sources as well. I only really felt it was a problem with certain video files though, never with music. Unless this is happening on all your phones, then you might have something broken. Just to be safe I'd try seeing if the controls in rockbox are too loud too.

What the heck are you guys talking about-LOL?!?!?

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PHONES???

You are the second poster to mention phones; did I in some way allude to using a phone in my original post?

I am having this problem with my IPOD.

NO PHONES. MY PHONES ARE ALL WORKING WELL.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 18
This is why people need to use at least decent grammar, even when it's an abbreviation.

Headphones = 'phones

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why people need to use at least decent grammar, even when it's an abbreviation.

Headphones = 'phones

I feel like an idot now that I didnt catch that...but honestly, who says "phones"?? Execept for the two posters above
tongue.gif

Anyways, has nothing to do with my headphones; i have the same problem with all my cans. Its an IPOD issue, the volume is all outta whack.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #12 of 18
Had nothing to do with my headphones; my volume limit was set too low in settings.

the higher you set the limit, the wider the divergence between the low and high settings, hence allowing you to completely lower the volume when needed.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #13 of 18
I thought of that, but I wanted to ramble on about phones for awhile
frown.gif
I also figured that only only changed the maximum volume (to protect your ears) you could have, not the minimum. Go figure :O

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought of that, but I wanted to ramble on about phones for awhile
frown.gif
I also figured that only only changed the maximum volume (to protect your ears) you could have, not the minimum. Go figure :O

no worries; thanks for the feedback regardless.

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #15 of 18
Hi All, sorry to resuscitation a dead thread, but I'm having the same issue with my new ipod 160gb classic 7th gen, and my triple.fi's...
the minimum volume output is not silent, not even close, in fact, it's louder than I usually listen to music. There are a number of references to it on the intergoogle...
Talk about a potential lawsuit, this is an instance of a product that will NOT allow me to listen to music at safe levels... absolutely appalling...

(and yes, i know i can use an attenuator, or an amp, but really, thats not why i bought an ipod...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back