Apr 21, 2003 at 9:44 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
Hmm...

attachment.php

Would it be wrong of me to call that 'gay?'

confused.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

So anyway, I always dug the Grado look. I never thought about it when I wore my old SR-80's to work (500 people...) and, likewise, no one ever said anything. Also, I enjoyed not having to baby them... while they're lightweight, they have a very solid feel to 'em.

Apr 21, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #49 of 62
LOL that's not gay enough for Big Gay Al'

I'm Super...

Apr 21, 2003 at 10:03 AM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
LOL that's not gay enough for Big Gay Al'

I'm Super...

Should've made the socks pink...

Apr 21, 2003 at 1:24 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Kryogen
I mean, I paid 250$ CAN for my grado SR125's, and I can't even brag about them. (I need to ask ppl to listen). They look like my old grandpa's ****s.

Am I alone to think like that?

Undoubtedly...

rolleyes.gif

Apr 21, 2003 at 5:50 PM Post #52 of 62
I think this thread needs to stay on target. Please, let's forget about the etymology lesson for another day and basically comment on Grado's....which I feel are quite beautiful. Retro=cool with me.

Apr 21, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #55 of 62
Quote:

I love my 325s but they hurt my ears...

I find them to be pretty comfortable. I usually "forget" I'm wearing them. Occasionaly the headband hurts the top of my head, but it's not that often.

Apr 22, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #57 of 62
I realised that they were less noticeable to onlookers (say on the train or walking around uni) when I had long hair, than now after my short haircut. Plus, the fact I have black hair may explain that too. But I completely agree with the comment earlier on how people's thinking "Man, they must sound good if they look like that!"

Personally, I totally dig the spartan and efficient look of the entire Grado line. COMPLETELY unique and kudos to the company for not succumbing to current trends to appease the mass markets by constanstly re-inventing their design and housing to become the next flavour of the months, ala mass-market Sony's.

Aesthetic looks aside, I think that the SR Grado line can be IMPROVED, with tweaks such as a wider metal strip across the top and thicker/padded vinyl headband covering. (Tell me this is NOT the main reason why I cannot leave them on for periods longer than 2 hours -
smily_headphones1.gif
+ 2hrs =
frown.gif
) I also think the metal adjuster poles should have a "notch" system or something that would work similarly, in order to keep the pole heights at the wearer's desired fit, maybe a locking and clamping device in the pole holders?

Apr 22, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by fierce_freak
I find them to be pretty comfortable. I usually "forget" I'm wearing them. Occasionaly the headband hurts the top of my head, but it's not that often.

It's not like I have ears that stick out from my head like Dumbo... but they tend to make my ears hurt after 2 or 3 hours.

Apr 22, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

I actually like the look of my metal 325s...

Sexy.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back