Why cannot I start a new thread in the Headphones section?
Apr 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 10
According to the welcome message when you signed up, new members can only post in the help and recommendations forum?

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 10
Apr 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 10
  I am missing the start a new thread in the headphone section. Do I have to do something?

There is a minimum number of posts required before you can start threads on other sections of head-fi. I can't remember the exact number--sorry. It's not a lot. I know it is fifteen posts and thirty days for the classifieds. Best thing to do is post regularly until you get your numbers up, then you'll be able to post in other sections. :)

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 10

Hmmm... that's interesting because my first post was posted in this thread - Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) - Page 8

That said, that's probably the case - you need to post in the help/recommendation thread first.

yeah, sorry. I meant to type - New members cant start a thread in any other forum, other than the help and recommendations. As a new member you can post a "reply" in an existing thread in other forums.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 10
From the welcome message.

1. Please post your first thread in the Help & Recommendations Forum if you aren't going to post in an existing thread. New members cannot make threads in the other forums. Due to problems with spam, your first posts will require moderator approval. Please do NOT re-post them if they do not show up immediately. They will be approved fairly quickly. Thanks for your patience!

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #10 of 10
I think you need to do over a certain number of posts in existing threads before you can create your own.

Edit:
Just realised that serman005 already said this above
biggrin.gif

I too don't remember how many it was. From what I do remember, it isn't that many. Maybe 10 or 20. Something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back