Why are threre no lady audiophiles?
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Yesterday, in the "Why Do No Audiophiles Listen to Electronic Music" thread, it was resolved that some audiophiles do indeed listen to electronic music, though many do not due to the average age of the demographic. But on top of this, I too am dumbfounded that I have never met a female audiophile. In fact, I have never met a female who cares enough about sound quality to spend more than $50 on headphones/speakers/earbuds/ect. (excluding Bose or Beats headphones or earbuds).

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 8
Had to get rid of the Maggies and the mono blocks when I got married. A fair amount of audiophiles buy based on **** - the wife's approval thumbs-up... I go to a lot of live music with my girlfriend (I'm no longer married) who is into listening to music, so I'm very lucky.

My theory is that women don't like competition, especially when they're talking.... and they like doing that.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 8
Hi, I am female and I recently discovered how much of a difference good quality headphones and equipment can make to my enjoyment of music. So far to start myself off in the hobby since April this year, I have bought a pair of Fidelio x2, a jds Labs c5d, Shure Se846 and a little set of trinity hyperions for bed time use. I have an awesome portable valve amp on order through kickstarter reviewed by brooko and hope to buy one of the new android DAPs soonish.

My husband is not overly bothered 'can't hear any difference' is his usual response. I often read threads one hear where guys have either bougt stuff for their wives/girlfriends and say that their partners really enjoy [insert headphone model].

Whilst I think maybe the forums are somewhat male dominated there are some of us out there.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 8
First of all, I'm nothing short of jealous of your se846 IEMs.
Also, I never doubted that female audiophiles are out there, but they are few and far between and I would love to sit down and discuss (and listen to) music and audio with you... and try out those se846.
The point is that I've never met one in real life and I've never before talked with one online and many others share this experience.

But kudos to you for getting into audiophiles and I how you encourage other females you know to explore the world of Hi-Fi audio.
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 8

You are a rare bird. In the years that I've been listening to audio (it started with a tube radiogram and a tube Philips reel to reel) and hanging out in listening rooms I've not come across one. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #7 of 8
Same here.  I go to the music store now and then and it's always a sausage fest.  If you're into that kind of thing, ok, but I need to meet an attractive lady that likes music as much as I do.  Just as long as she doesn't make me toss my CD collection, we're good.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 8
  First of all, I'm nothing short of jealous of your se846 IEMs.
Also, I never doubted that female audiophiles are out there, but they are few and far between and I would love to sit down and discuss (and listen to) music and audio with you... and try out those se846.
The point is that I've never met one in real life and I've never before talked with one online and many others share this experience.

But kudos to you for getting into audiophiles and I how you encourage other females you know to explore the world of Hi-Fi audio.
beerchug.gif

Sorry I missed this post, like I said I have only recently became interested in a better audio experiance so whilst I am not sure what insights I can give. I enjoy talking about audio and really like discovering artists that are new to me, part of the reason I discovered this place was due to a lack of interest from most people I know. 

Same here.  I go to the music store now and then and it's always a sausage fest.  If you're into that kind of thing, ok, but I need to meet an attractive lady that likes music as much as I do.  Just as long as she doesn't make me toss my CD collection, we're good.

Good luck there are some out there, I know I am somewhat atypical in my interests but definitely not the only one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back