why are the fiio fh5s reviews so mixed? i can say i love them!
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

csch92

500+ Head-Fier
in combination with the fiio k7 i think they sound fantastic. also i am mindblown by its wide sound. could be close if not better to a headphone at this pricepoint
also the comfort is pretty damn good

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 6
FiiO should have added a treble cut rather than treble boost switch on these IEM. There are small issues here and there, like the same 1.25kHz honk that they share with the FH3, but the most problematic one was the metallic timbre due to the excess 12kHz. I wanted to like these IEMs so much because they are open back, well built, and affordable. FiiO has released an updated version of this one (The FH15). That one has the opposite problem (too little treble extension).

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 6
My example was tolerable with the upgrade cable, but it is still screechy and painful. I like the rest of the design except maybe the nozzle (want a more aggressive nozzle rim), but I can't stand the upper mids & treble.

Oct 5, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 6
I use mine on the UTWS5, and with white Final E tips. All switches off. Like this they are ok sounding, better than any TWS I have personally tried. Not my favorite IEM, but quite easy listenable. 😄

Oct 5, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 6
What would be a big step up without using that much more money? Cause i feelt in love with thr design and comdort. I was rhibking sbout the fh7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back