Why are Etymotics so Horribly ugly?
Jun 19, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
And many of the "cool"-est sony phones are utter crap. Save the CD3000's and the R10's.
icon10.gif

And a few more, maybe not Etys sound similar but decent at least, BTW the Qualia look horrible IMO....

Jun 19, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #32 of 41
Wonder if it's because black usually retains heat where as white would be the other side of the spectrum. D*mn dude... you're almost an oxymoron... saying they're great and yet b*tching up a storm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xand
why? Why?...
1. make the rubber tips black

Jun 19, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #33 of 41
I'm all for cool looking full-size phones. When it comes to canal phones, I just don't care. They're too small to really matter what they look like. Once they're inserted you can't really seem them anyway. If you want eye candy, get full-size phones (ATH, Sony, Grado, etc), imo.

Jun 19, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #34 of 41
You could get some tape and tape a large squirrel to each ear, and then nobody could see how ugly the Etys are.
icon10.gif
Or just use a large square piece of duct tape which would cover your entire ear, and nobody would see those ugly Etys.
rolleyes.gif
etysmile.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #35 of 41
Can't wear 'em with a beanie - they stick out too far, and it works 'em out.

My only gripe is the angle of the end - why does it have to come off at a 45-deg angle? Why not just straight down? That didn't seem very well thought out, but there must be a good reason for it, as the rest of the product was so well thought-out.

Jun 20, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
They're designed to fit in your ear canal where they will be covered with ear boogers anyway. Who cares how they look?
biggrin.gif

Just when I thought I could deal with a used set of canal phones I have this mental picture to deal with!
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #38 of 41
If you show ER-4 to someone knows nothing about headphone and tell him it's some crap earphone from 50s, he would believe it.

They really should change looking, make it looks better won't hurt anyone.

Aug 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #41 of 41
I bought mine for their sonic qualities.....not so people would ooh-&-ahhh over how cool they look. If I wanted that, I'd buy a pair of Beats and sacrifice sound quality so I'd look fashionable.......then again, I'd also have to go back to being 16 years old and caring what other people think of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back