Why all the arguing?
Oct 5, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #31 of 31
Why do we argue? Because its part of our programming. Some people want to discover the best audio gear within a certain price point, some want to defend their purchases, others like to argue just because.
I don't see how discovering the best audio gear and wanting to defend my purchase to some faceless person on the other side of the world are linked? But unfortunately it seems they are for a lot of people.

I would call myself both an objectivist and a subjectivist and I have heard a few things after changes in my gear that just don't make any sense and I would usually classify as snake oil but I don't feel the need to justify my experience, I just accept what it is and move on.

We live in an age where a lot of people feel the need to tell the world everything - what did I have for breakfast this morning? What time did I open my bowels today? Why this $1,000 cable will change your life and if you think I'm delusional I will argue the point with you until it turns nasty. I just don't get it.

I've had a few interesting responses to posts I have made on listening impressions over the years that I always analyse and make a judgment on whether or not a reply is worthwhile and usually it is not. I've given you my impressions - take it or leave it.

My ex wife always got frustrated with me because I didn't argue enough, I always made a judgement call on whether or not an argument would change anything significantly. Maybe I'm just programmed differently? :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back