Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Sep 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #976 of 1,005
So?

I keep seeing nonsense like "zomg Atreyu and Trivium r so mainstreamz nao, Y U GUYS CHANGE OVA DA YEARZ".
Nickelback keeps to their style. They're not the best band out there but they receive way too much flak. Lifehouse's musical style
hasn't changed over the years, The Killers have stayed pretty much the same over the years and so have Arctic Monkeys 

Quote:
Problem is every single song sounds like that.

One of my least favourite musical artists is Mika. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #977 of 1,005

Quote:
So?

I keep seeing nonsense like "zomg Atreyu and Trivium r so mainstreamz nao, Y U GUYS CHANGE OVA DA YEARZ".
Nickelback keeps to their style. They're not the best band out there but they receive way too much flak. Lifehouse's musical style
hasn't changed over the years, The Killers have stayed pretty much the same over the years and so have Arctic Monkeys 

One of my least favourite musical artists is Mika. 

Um atreyu and trvium have always been bad. Changing your style is only hated if your only doing it to appeal to mainstream audiences. Nickelback is already mainstream. And every album is the same 11 tracks with different lyrics. Hear 1 song by nickelback and you've heard them all.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #978 of 1,005

Quote:
Um atreyu and trvium have always been bad. Changing your style is only hated if your only doing it to appeal to mainstream audiences. Nickelback is already mainstream. And every album is the same 11 tracks with different lyrics. Hear 1 song by nickelback and you've heard them all.

QFT

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #979 of 1,005
A7X is pretty redundant with their songs too. Also, just because they're popular with teenage girls
but that doesn't make them bad. I don't like some bands under Roadrunner records, but that doesn't
make them bad either. They're pretty skilled technically.

But if you said that Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry was bad, then I suppose you're right. It's all autotuning,
reusing beats from songs written in the 80s, etc. No creativity, no skill. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #980 of 1,005

Quote:
A7X is pretty redundant with their songs too. Also, just because they're popular with teenage girls
but that doesn't make them bad. I don't like some bands under Roadrunner records, but that doesn't
make them bad either. They're pretty skilled technically.

But if you said that Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry was bad, then I suppose you're right. It's all autotuning,

A7X is terrible. Any band claiming to be metal who uses autotune is crap IMO.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #983 of 1,005
Sep 29, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #984 of 1,005

Quote:
A7X is terrible. Any band claiming to be metal who uses autotune is crap IMO.

I guess it depends on what your criteria(s) are when you judge whether a band is good or crappy.

Imo, the autotune really didn't affect the song. It's not like the song relied on the vocalists' autotuned voice.
A7X is technically superior to way more metal bands. Great guitarists, epic late-drummer. 
They may not be your type of music, but they certainly don't suck imo. 

It's really too bad their songs got really repetitive over time. 

Bands like Alesana. They're screamo or something, but their lyrics are so plastic. It's like they read up
an article on wiki about Greek gods and tell paraphrased it into a whole album. At least teen-idols like
Nevershoutnever can come up with original lyrics. I consider them to be way better than other teen-idols
like Selena Gomez even though both are pretty mainstream and pop-ish.

@stooge get original bro. QFTs are for MMOFPS gaming forums which are populated by preteen kiddies
who can't voice their own opinions. 

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #985 of 1,005

Quote:

reusing beats  from the 80's ? as a music producer what you said really bugs me. have you never heard of samples and chopping them up into finer pieces go and listen to apollo brown and his album the cloud. even though he sampled like all of the songs there you would think that quite a good number of it were created himself. you should also take a listen to exhibit a by jay electronica even though just blazed produced the track it doesn't sound unoriginal

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #988 of 1,005
Mayan the new band by the makers of Epica can drown in the same puddle Dubstep spawned from as far as I'm concerned. I really love Epica...but Mayan is just so atrocious it's pain full.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #989 of 1,005
Right There by Nicole Scherzinger. 
mad.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-vTaktsUSw&ob=av2e

The writing ability she possesses is incredible....

CHORUS:Come here baby eh be my babyEh be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyHands on my body oh oh ohRight there keep it right thereI love when you put it right there yeahOh oh oh yeah yeah yeah oh oh ohYeah yeah
Me like the way that you hold my bodyMe like the way that you touch my bodyMe like the way that you kiss my yeah yeah yeah yeah me like itMe like the way that he put it on meMe like the way that he push up on meMe like the way that he goin' down down down down downDown down down down down
I aint never gonna let no girl take him from meNever gonna let no girl steal him from meNever gonna let no girl get that close nowI tell'em hey hey your'e too close now
CHORUS:Come here baby eh be my babyEh be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyHands on my body oh oh ohRight there keep it right thereI love when you put it right there yeahOh oh oh yeah yeah yeah oh oh ohYeah yeah
I like the way that you talk dirtyDon't wash your mouth out I like it dirtyYou like to please yeah I like that yeah yeah yeah yeah me like itI like the way that you keep me comingYeah yeah you so good you had me runningMe like the way that he goin' down down down down downDown down down down down
No I ain't never gonna let no girl take him from meNever gonna let no girl steal him from meNever gonna let a girl get that close nowI tell'em hey hey you're too close now
CHORUS:Come here baby eh be my babyEh be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyHands on my body oh oh ohRight there keep it right thereI love it when you put it right there yeahOh oh oh yeah yeah yeah oh oh ohYeah yeah
Do he know how to work it?he got that got thatPut it on you work ithe got that got thatDo you real good for your lay it down good for you yeahHe got that got thatAll my girls if your man put it down let me hear you say yeahAll my ladies if you man put it down let me hear you say yeahDo he work that? How like you like that?When he throw the bone attcha do you bite back?Say yeah all my girls say yeahIf he makes you feel good
CHORUS:Come here baby eh be my babyEh be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyHands on my body oh oh ohRight there keep it right thereI love when you put it right there yeahOh oh oh yeah yeah yeah oh oh ohYeah yeah
Come here baby come be my babyCome be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyPut your hands on my body like yeahRight there keep it right thereI love when you love me say yeah oh oh oh
CHORUS:Come here baby eh be my babyEh be my baby oh oh ohCome here baby put your hands on my bodyHands on my body oh oh ohRight there keep it right thereI love it when you put it right there yeahOh oh oh yeah yeah yeah oh oh ohYeah yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back