Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Aug 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #951 of 1,005

Quote:
Why do you guys hate Dragonforce? I've never really listened to them. Just wondering.

I don't know. I just can't really relate to their songs.

From "Through the Fire and Flames":

"On a cold winter morning, in the time before the light
In flames of death's eternal reign we ride towards the fight
When the darkness has fallen down, and the times are tough all right
The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight"

I guess it's my fault for being an accountant and not experiencing the thrill of dragon slaying more often. Though I think the life of risk hedging and fraud can be exciting in an extremely non-adversarial type of way.

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #952 of 1,005

Quote:

I don't know. I just can't really relate to their songs.

From "Through the Fire and Flames":

"On a cold winter morning, in the time before the light
In flames of death's eternal reign we ride towards the fight
When the darkness has fallen down, and the times are tough all right
The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight"

I guess it's my fault for being an accountant and not experiencing the thrill of dragon slaying more often. Though I think the life of risk hedging and fraud can be exciting in an extremely non-adversarial type of way.

I HAVE.... but only in RPGs... Perhaps their demographic are the RPG playing crowds who think they can relate? 

I'll admit, I used to like Dragonforce, but I used to like a lot of things... I still say I can't hate them though...

I can now say this however... Justin Bieber is now my #1 least liked (read hated) "musician." And surprisingly it ISN'T because of his music, not exactly at least... It is because he has got an entire generation of people thinking that playing TWO CHORDS on a guitar is knowing how to play the guitar.

I know this because I recently got into a debate with someone trying to defend him (rather unsuccessfully I might add) that he is actually not as bad as I made him out to be by stating such facts as 'he doesn't use autotune, has 28 albums, won a ton of awards, and aside from singing knows how to play the drums, piano and guitar." Now lets just ignore the first three, because the first two are so ridiculously false that I laughed and tore them down with no reprise, and I really couldn't say anything about the third, because he had... Just no award of any real consequence (Grammy) and the majority were small time awards. But I was curious about the other three claims about him knowing how to play these instruments... So I did what every other self righteous music lover would have done... Consult youtube to confirm it... My findings indicated that he has brainwashed the masses into thinking playing the guitar involves playing a song by strumming the guitar, and playing only TWO chords, and not widely different chords, but chords that were within ONE string of each other. If that is playing the guitar then I knew how to do that when I was 5! Then I checked drumming... This was basic at best... Granted it was not as pathetic as the guitar, but now he has people thinking that a basic beat and some random (and I mean REALLY random) fill-ins = good drumming. Which is quite frankly infuriating to a drummer. But what about piano. I wish I knew how to play the piano more so I could do more analysis, but... as it stands I don't, but I wasn't exactly "wowed" by his piano playing. Give me Hiromi any day... 

I mean how can ONE KID destroy the standards of making music SO THOROUGHLY? I don't mind bad musicians, because they fall into obscurity pretty quickly. Practically everyone knows that Rebecca Black is a joke, but she doesn't make people think that good music is what she knows... Convincing practically an entire generation of females that knowing how to play instruments is just knowing the ABSOLUTE basics... That is just disgusting. I never before thought a musician could earn my scorn quite like this, but that debate with that teenage girl.... It opened my eyes to the damage to the music industry that this kid is doing. I really hope that these poor brainwashed masses can have their eyes opened to what really playing an instrument and really producing music is about. 

Apologies for the rant... I'm done...

So yeah... I have officially gone to "I dislike musicians who make up for their shortcomings with electronic means (ie autotune)" to "JUSTIN BIEBER IS DESTROYING MUSIC." And all this time I thought it was autotune.... Boy was I wrong.... Granted I still feel the same way about musicians using electronic means to fix their shortcomings. And don't like musicians who take the easy way out like allowing others to write their music for them, and become famous because of their image and not necessarily raw talent. But that "debate" (I can't really call it that... I destroyed every single argument made so very thoroughly, it wasn't a contest) really made me realize that Justin Bieber is my most hated musician, but not because of his music, but rather what he is doing to the perception of music.

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #953 of 1,005
I love RPGs, by far my favorite game genre. Dragonforce still sucks, and nobody would even know who they are were it not for Guitar Hero III.. and yes I enjoyed mastering their track on Expert. But when I say they suck, I mean by the standards of good Metal... they're still eons beyond those other three "Artists" mentioned.

Modern mainstream music sickens me. Before 2007 or so, a lot of the mainstream Hip Hop and Rock was at least half decent and catchy. Now it's just unbearable. The world has truly fallen very far when people like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc are cited as "talented artists". Whatever happened to musicians creating music and playing it with instruments? Now it's "Hire someone to make lyrics, hire someone to make a beat in 20 minutes, and then just read off the lyrics into the microphone and let autotune do the rest".

And what is it with every Hip Hop track now being the same thing... "Screw you haters, I'm rich, I have sexual intercourse often and with many persons, get at me". At least a few years ago there wasn't any of this "Haters" garbage.

Lil Wayne now being a "Rock artist" because he pretends to play the guitar in music videos...

I could go on for ages but I'd rather stop and get back to listening to real music.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #955 of 1,005

Quote:
Lil Wayne now being a "Rock artist" because he pretends to play the guitar in music videos...

Hahahaha. This is the biggest fail I've seen from him...Just watch the beginning when Lil Wayne has a guitar. haha

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #956 of 1,005

Quote:
Hahahaha. This is the biggest fail I've seen from him...Just watch the beginning when Lil Wayne has a guitar. haha

"Too cool for school" culture is dragging down America. Oakland kids think they can make it big by acting tough, rapping, playing basketball, and not graduating high school. Maybe we need to moderate media like China does.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #957 of 1,005

Quote:
And what is it with every Hip Hop track now being the same thing... "Screw you haters, I'm rich, I have sexual intercourse often and with many persons, get at me". At least a few years ago there wasn't any of this "Haters" garbage.

because mainstream rap has gone to ****. and they can't rap beyond anything that has do to with wealth, drugs, and hoes

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #959 of 1,005
many modern pretended-to-be rock band, no energy what's so every, just plain meaning less songs with no energy or real passion. or anything alike, 
justin biber and it's kinda, who have no idea what ever he's singing.
Rihanna, is that how you spell her name? one of those who's poisoning the young minds, i know the elder generation would say the same to us about the gun's N rose or even the rolling stones. having album called SM or the song like dirty boy or what ever it's way out of line. Copy cat would do anything just to make money, not just survive but become what ever the company want em to be. They can't be considered as artist. 

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #960 of 1,005
I hate Lil Wayne for different reasons.

I hate JB because he's so famous for doing nothing. There are other male singers that have high voices, that can sing and write proper songs, but do not get as much attention or media as JB. One example is Never Shout Never.

Dragonforce sounds too airy, hate the singing, hate the guitar, they blow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back