Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Jan 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #316 of 1,005
I like Kesha as well....one song can't remember the name.

Most hated Mariah Carey seriously a waste of my time what is she like 25 now? 

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #317 of 1,005

Quote:
Kesha, or probably most anyone who brushes their teeth with a bottle of Jack

Ditto. I can't hear anything by her without thinking of this parody now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JelGcEyS6Aw (And her green lipstick on New Year's Rockin' Eve made me want to vomit, possibly because it made her look like she just had.)

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #324 of 1,005
I actually really like Lady Gaga, and I'm normally not much of a pop fan at all. I think she's tremendously talented and not just a "front" for a bunch of producers and writers. I don't think you would ever see Kesha doing something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A

That said, she does have a very theatrical persona, which bugs some people. I find it rather amusing, myself, because it's so obviously over the top :)

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #326 of 1,005

Quote:
I actually really like Lady Gaga, and I'm normally not much of a pop fan at all. I think she's tremendously talented and not just a "front" for a bunch of producers and writers. I don't think you would ever see Kesha doing something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A

That said, she does have a very theatrical persona, which bugs some people. I find it rather amusing, myself, because it's so obviously over the top :)

I'm only 19, but I remember a time when singers were paid to sing. No one gives a crap about her voice, which is actually good, nor her lyrics. Well, few do. The fact she wore a meat dress is much more interesting to the majority of the audience. If she didn't put on all that stuff, no one would know her of course, but that way she will barely get credited as a real singer. She should dedicate to her music in my opinion, and leave out the rest.

Then again, one of my favorite artist is Marilyn Manson, so maybe I should shut up now...

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #327 of 1,005
Kid Rock
Hands down. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #328 of 1,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm only 19, but I remember a time when singers were paid to sing. No one gives a crap about her voice, which is actually good, nor her lyrics. Well, few do. The fact she wore a meat dress is much more interesting to the majority of the audience. If she didn't put on all that stuff, no one would know her of course, but that way she will barely get credited as a real singer.

Well, I think that in addition to being talented, she is also a fairly smart cookie and realizes that things like wearing a meat dress get you major PR :) She'd probably be one of a zillion talented, unknown girls who can sing and play piano if it weren't for her shtick.

That said, I fear "The Gimmick" has been going on LONG before or I were born! Think Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc. :) 

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #329 of 1,005

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm only 19, but I remember a time when singers were paid to sing. No one gives a crap about her voice, which is actually good, nor her lyrics. Well, few do. The fact she wore a meat dress is much more interesting to the majority of the audience. If she didn't put on all that stuff, no one would know her of course, but that way she will barely get credited as a real singer.

Well, I think that in addition to being talented, she is also a fairly smart cookie and realizes that things like wearing a meat dress get you major PR :) She'd probably be one of a zillion talented, unknown girls who can sing and play piano if it weren't for her shtick.

That said, I fear "The Gimmick" has been going on LONG before or I were born! Think Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc. :) 

All of those I censor for making a "scene". They always looked to me like teenagers who never got over their 14s, even though they were talented. Same thing with Gaga. I can't change my opinion and mine doesn't go against yours: she gets PR, but that has absolutely nothing to do with music. And she is a singer, not an actress.

Look, Frank Zappa was one of the most talented musicians ever. One of the most original as well. He knew how to put on a show in a way that would make that androgynous creature crawl into a dark corner and weep. Not by image shock, not by wearing meat, now by putting a damn mirror cube on his head, but by making music. You don't need to look like C3PO to call attention, it's all I'm saying.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #330 of 1,005

Quote:

All of those I censor for making a "scene". They always looked to me like teenagers who never got over their 14s, even though they were talented. Same thing with Gaga. I can't change my opinion and mine doesn't go against yours: she gets PR, but that has absolutely nothing to do with music. And she is a singer, not an actress.

Look, Frank Zappa was one of the most talented musicians ever. One of the most original as well. He knew how to put on a show in a way that would make that androgynous creature crawl into a dark corner and weep. Not by image shock, not by wearing meat, now by putting a damn mirror cube on his head, but by making music. You don't need to look like C3PO to call attention, it's all I'm saying.

I think you just summed that up better than I ever could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back