Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Jun 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #811 of 1,005
The guy purposely overpronounces the r when singing. I actually didn't notice it when I last listened to rammstein (like 6 years ago), I agree that their music sucks. I've just looked up an interview and they're obviously native speakers.

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #813 of 1,005

Quote:
Definitely Lil' Wayne

i hate this entire genre of aggressive, misogynistic pop/r&b. every song is about drinks, girlz, bootiez, and of course, da club.

i am much more forgiving of music that i don't like now than i was ten years ago (when i was an angry punk)...but this stuff is still unforgivable.

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #815 of 1,005

Quote:
The guy purposely overpronounces the r when singing. I actually didn't notice it when I last listened to rammstein (like 6 years ago), I agree that their music sucks. I've just looked up an interview and they're obviously native speakers.

rammstein does not suck. i love the singers voice personally and they supposedly have amazing concerts. rephrase what you said to i don't like rammstein because rammstein does not suck.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #816 of 1,005
Rammstein does suck! But you can like it, we all have our opinions.

Yeah all rap ever talks about is sex, money, and how much better they are then you (which people enjoy hearing for some reason. Do they like being put down?). Some stupid girl from my class is like "like omg, lil wayne is soooo different." I dont see it he raps about the same $#!% every other rapper is. Plus he is extremely ugly and cannot fold blankets because he lacks what is known as a chin.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #818 of 1,005
explain what you dislike about rammstein. if you make a valid argument i will consider it. but the way i see it if a band has had major influences in a certain genre (rammstein was the first Neue Deutsche Härte band) and who plays real instruments is a valid band/artist/musician to me.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #819 of 1,005

Quote:
explain what you dislike about rammstein. if you make a valid argument i will consider it. but the way i see it if a band has had major influences in a certain genre (rammstein was the first Neue Deutsche Härte band) and who plays real instruments is a valid band/artist/musician to me.

my biggest issue with rammstein is just that all of their music is boring and sounds the same. picking on a guy's accent is kinda petty though. i understand bands make their names with one particular sound (dare i say 'schtick' in this conext?) but rammstein...i dunno, if you've heard 'du hast,' you've heard it all. nowhere near my most hated band, however.

Quote:

Yeah all rap ever talks about is sex, money, and how much better they are then you (which people enjoy hearing for some reason. Do they like being put down?). Some stupid girl from my class is like "like omg, lil wayne is soooo different." I dont see it he raps about the same $#!% every other rapper is. Plus he is extremely ugly and cannot fold blankets because he lacks what is known as a chin.

yeah like i said, it's all this aggressive macho bullsh*t, threatening beat downs and stealing your lunch/drug money. yet somehow these guys also like to cast themselves as irresistable to women while at the same time telling them to 'work that a$$,' etc. it honestly sickens me, compare those lyrics to some old sinatra or what have you and see how far we've come as a civilisation over the last 50 years..

edit: a curious coincidence, if you've ever bothered to check out the trending topics on twitter, they usually always resemble derogatory r&b lyrics. this is why i also hate twitter.

Jun 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #820 of 1,005

Quote:

my biggest issue with rammstein is just that all of their music is boring and sounds the same. picking on a guy's accent is kinda petty though. i understand bands make their names with one particular sound (dare i say 'schtick' in this conext?) but rammstein...i dunno, if you've heard 'du hast,' you've heard it all. nowhere near my most hated band, however.

yeah like i said, it's all this aggressive macho bullsh*t, threatening beat downs and stealing your lunch/drug money. yet somehow these guys also like to cast themselves as irresistable to women while at the same time telling them to 'work that a$$,' etc. it honestly sickens me, compare those lyrics to some old sinatra or what have you and see how far we've come as a civilisation over the last 50 years..

edit: a curious coincidence, if you've ever bothered to check out the trending topics on twitter, they usually always resemble derogatory r&b lyrics. this is why i also hate twitter.

i will admit the lyrics are degrading and crap but its in german and most of the time it's not understandable for english speakers. i do agree all the songs sound the same. i personally only like some songs not many but i still think they are a credible band. they are my friends favorite band but for me they don't even round my top 50. but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy them.

i have a question for you all. when you enjoy a band/artist/musician a lot and you read reviews that go against your views do you start to adopt those views for yourself. i have noticed this has happened to me. but i try not to let it happen to much. i tended to fall into the category of every one hates it so it is crap. you know justin bieber. i personally don't like his music but i did listen to it to see why everyone hated it. and in all honesty it really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. i think people are better off enjoying their favorite bands without reading reviews. because after you read that review you will never think of that band/artist/musician again.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #821 of 1,005
I just dislike Rammstein because their music is very uninteresting and perhaps they do all sound the same (Oh maybe that influenced my thoughts!).
He is just so angry sounding. I understand some bands growl and stuff to express their feelings but I dont think it works for rammstein. Plus they roll too many Rs. Only spanish speakers are allowed to do that.
Also I heard that they do not want to tour the US because we do not want them masturbating and jizzing on stage.

ext23, I want to give you $100 just because we share the same view on rap. My gf kept trying to get me to listen to this one song. Once I heard lil wayne I stopped it and told her she knows I hate him. She kept saying its not him rapping the whole time. I didnt care. I was going to break up with her because she wanted me to listen to sh!t wayne (seriously I hate him that much). How do women like him when he degrade them so much?

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #822 of 1,005

Quote:

Some stupid boy from an internet forum wants you to listen to this / read the lyrics and tell him where all the bitches are at. And concerning Rammstein, they do not have the ability to create an atmosphere the way other metal artists do. I speak german so the lyrics annoy the **** out of me.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #823 of 1,005

Quote:

Some stupid boy from an internet forum wants you to listen to this / read the lyrics and tell him where all the bitches are at. And concerning Rammstein, they do not have the ability to create an atmosphere the way other metal artists do. I speak german so the lyrics annoy the **** out of me.

don't go that far. rammstein is not metal. to electronic based, and not heavy enough.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #825 of 1,005

Quote:
ext23, I want to give you $100 just because we share the same view on rap. My gf kept trying to get me to listen to this one song. Once I heard lil wayne I stopped it and told her she knows I hate him. She kept saying its not him rapping the whole time. I didnt care. I was going to break up with her because she wanted me to listen to sh!t wayne (seriously I hate him that much). How do women like him when he degrade them so much?

i accept paypal! or you could buy me a pair of new headphones! (that's why we're all here isnt' it?) ^^

btw there is some good hiphop out there. listen to common's album 'be' for a positive, spiritual and intelligent take on hiphop culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back