Who's using Naim Nait with a K1k?
Dec 9, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I've used a Nait 3 on occasion and thought that it worked well. Not sure if you are specifically asking about the original Nait - I've never heard one of those. It would probably work just as well - many people like the earlier versions better than the "3". I probably would have bought a "2" instead if one had been handy at the time of purchase. Of course, the Naits go against general recommendation for the K1000 of tube/Class A, being SS/Class B but I had no problem. Take this with a grain of salt - I do not consider myself to be very "amp sensitive". I think the K1000s work quite well with a number of amps.

Dec 10, 2004 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 3
Zimmer,

Recently, I've acquired a Nait 3R. It is a slightly different amp from your 3.
The Nait 1 is warmer sounding and has more midband presense than the Nait2 or 3. I'd think that the Nait1 might be a better choice.

A friend told me about the Nait/k1k combo. I thought he was nuts, but we'll try some point to see how they do.

The Nait2 has a strong following for some reasons. I was going to get one altho, after I have heard 'em, thought the used pricing is terribly inflated for what it is.

Note that both Nait1 and 2 hum because of their smaller chassis containing power supply sitting too close to the cct. I could not deal with that with speakers, so, I know I can't deal with headfones!

A class of operation in the amp really does not matter. A good amp is a good amp no matter what they are.
icon10.gif

Whilst I did not think the k1k is amp sensitive aside from a voicing compatibility with the amp.

Thanks for you reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back