Who's scooping airline stocks?
Apr 15, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 11
Delta is extremely risky to buy right now, they may really go bankrupt. They do not have too much cash on hand and can at most last 2 months without further "help" (aka government bail outs)

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 11
Not a good idea to buy airline stocks right now. Stocks related to medical and pharmaceuticals are the best way to scoops as they are in demand.
If you want to make a hefty profit in the long term after this COVID-19 ordel is over, it makes sense to buy stocks that are not popular right now. You have to be sure they won't go out of business however.

I'm pretty sure a lot of countries require airlines to stick around, and their government will likely support the airline they need.

You make significant gains if you buy when stocks are down and believe it's the lowest it's at.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 11
Well I'd be more willing to take the risk if it looks to be a done deal in convincing the general populace that it really IS a good and safe thing to seal yourself up in a tin (okay, aluminum) can of a tube, and breathe the same air and share the same environment with like souls for an hour or maybe fourteen. Fear and paranoia are powerful things in the realm of business and selling; great for the gun industry, hydroxychloroquine sulfate makers, canned food producers, and the toilet paper and hand sanitizer manufacturers, but not so much where folks are going to be tightly packed and squished together, whether it's a 787, cruise ship, concert hall or a football stadium. And with any sort of vaccine (let alone a cure) many months if not years out, that's more than enough time for an airline to eat through that bailout money and start their collective CFOs and bankruptcy lawyers crying "Chapter (pick your number, any number)".

Airlines, airplane makers, vacation destinations, hotels, etc., etc., are going to have to do a lot of hand-holding, slick and smooth talking before those industries get a whole lot bedda. In my mind airline stocks are definitely a looong term investment, and a high risk/questionable reward strategy at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back