Who's recieved their Tomahawk?
Dec 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #16 of 47
I'm really interested to see how the Tomahawk does with low-impedance cans, other than IEMs.

Or maybe I'm not...my wallet is already pretty slim...
600smile.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really interested to see how the Tomahawk does with low-impedance cans, other than IEMs.

600smile.gif

What's your definition of low impedance? The Tomahawk works very well with my 70 ohm HD25-1's.

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

600smile.gif

I've checked it out with:

RS-1 and SR325i - The normal volume is about 3 o'clock position on Low gain, and about 10 o'clock on Hi gain.

K701 - Normal volume is about 1 o'clock position on Hi gain, and about 4 o'clock position on Low gain.

im716 (HD mode) - Normal volume is about 10 o'clock position on Hi gain and about 2 o'clock position on Low gain.

They all sound like they have enough juice from this little match box.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 47
Got T018 (black) around noon today. I'm smiling with my Vibes and UM2's. Only have about 45 min on it though.

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't help it...I love killer sound. I definitely ordered a Tomahawk. I'm anxiously waiting to see if the FedEx man will show up at my door sometime tomorrow. I had considered getting an M Hornet to compare with my non-M Hornet but I'll wait and see how the Tomahawk shapes up. I have a Nano on the way for Christmas so it should make for a very nice ultra portable rig.

By the way, I also have the Jumbo Cryo mini and dock and the Sv2 mini and dock to see what IEMs/amp/iPod or iMod makes the best combo with the Tomahawk. Should be an interesting Holiday...

Rub it in man! Since you'll be busy with your portable rigs you should send me your L3000 for a bit
wink.gif

Be sure to post some impressions... sounds like you have some awesome combos so it should boil down to synergy and personal preference alone.

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 47
Got Black #T019 this afternoon
etysmile.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
received T020 (white) today. no notification.
FYI the "white" ones are actually silver. not a big
deal to me though.

Silver looks "White" when it's in over-exposed shot.... Blame it on bad digital cams which does a ****** job on white balancing...
icon10.gif

I hope the sound makes up for the unexpected color.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #25 of 47
I noticed that when Ray posted about doing a run in white he posted that they are clear anodized. I wondered if I understood what he meant, I thought it meant "in the white" as in unfinished color on the case. I got black to match my 5G Ipod. Now I need to get back on perimiter patrol for Fed Ex delivery men!
biggrin.gif

Update: #48 arrived in St Louis on the 22nd. It received about 24 hours of burn in before leaving on a trip where is is seeing use while traveling but no constant burn in like I was doing at home. I am extremely happy with this amp it rought my Ipod and Super fi 5pros to life!

Dec 22, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #26 of 47
Has anybody ordered the Tomahawk but didn't get a Fedex tracking number from Ray? I haven't gotten anything yet, so I'm assuming Ray hasn't built mine yet...
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #28 of 47
Received serial number T033 this morning. Dec 26, 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back