Who's new to vinyl & why?
Feb 24, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #16 of 16
The more people that get into vinyl, the better for the longer term viability of the format (availability of cartridges/tt's and LPs).

It's nice to read this stuff...I have never forgotten the dark days of the 1980s when everyone was going digital...I thought records would completely disappear in a few years. It was in this environment, that I finally upgraded my tt to a VPI 19 with an SME IV tone-arm---it was so expensive I couldn't afford the tt, I had to buy the tone arm 10 months ahead, then buy the tt....But I never gave up on vinyl, its always been my main source. I still have the first LP I ever bought, in 1969 when I was 12 years old. Every record I've ever bought I still own. And 20 years later the VPI is still my main tt.

I've never really embraced digital sound...I didn't get my first CD player until like 1992 or thereabouts...I own a small number of CDs (maybe 40 or so) which I pretty much only play in my car.

As for digital music files and pc-based music, please, yeeech.

My biggest regret is missing out on the great reissues (mofis)and UK pressings of 1960s and 1970s rock....I didn't have the money then, was in school. Now that I'm into late 1950s and 1960s jazz, I'm buying reissued classical jazz pressings everytime...it's making me broke!

But it's worth it! Vinyl Lives!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back