Who's goin' to the Stereophile HES in NY??
May 16, 2002 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Who's gonna make it?I would love to meet a few NY head-fiers when I make the trip.I know I will hook up with Gloco but who else?check hereStereophile Show for show details.I look forward to meeting some of you guys.Pm me so we can do this.I'm bringing my wife and she is a lot of fun,most of my buddies like her a lot and she is a budding headphone geek.Let me know.

May 16, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 13
Hey Tube, looks like quite a few NY headfiers are gonna skip the show and hit the headroom stop instead
frown.gif

I know i'll be there that Saturday and Sunday!
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2002 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 13
I'll be there I got a full show pass so i'll probably go on thursday and saturday, I'm looking forward to it,

May 17, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 13
if i'm incredibly bored that day i may go, but so far it looks like i'm going to skip it for the headroom tour.

May 20, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #8 of 13
Am I the only one getting mail on this ?
Yesterday it was Yamaha touting the CDR-HD1000 demo,plus I get some free sennheiser earbuds for listening.
Today it is Bel Canto and the DAC2 with a chance to win one (the card is an entry form)
Next up ?
This could be fun
biggrin.gif

(if I go,no Headroom really sucks)

May 20, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #9 of 13
I'll be there on Thursday afternoon - I'm thinking of wearing either a propellor hat or a viking helmet. Most likely I'll be the one with a notepad listening and scribbling.

Session -- anyone else going Thursday?

May 20, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 13
I'll be there and wearing a headroom airbag slung over one shoulder, I wish I could also make it up to the headroom show as that was my favorite part of the show last year. but no car so now headroom show,

I do look forward to hearing some insane speakers though

May 21, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by ponzio
I'll be there on Thursday afternoon - I'm thinking of wearing either a propellor hat or a viking helmet. Most likely I'll be the one with a notepad listening and scribbling.

Session -- anyone else going Thursday?

I thought it only opened Friday?--which is when I'll most likely be there.

May 21, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Calanctus

I thought it only opened Friday?--which is when I'll most likely be there.

If you buy a full show pass for 35 dollars you get to go on thursday and avoid the throngs.

May 21, 2002 at 2:51 PM Post #13 of 13
nobody who lives in nyc should have to miss the headroom tour!

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/mnr/html/pl...sched_form.cfm

take a train from grand central to tarrytown !
i have no idea how far the place is from the tarrytown station, but tarrytown is pretty small and i don't think it can be that far from where the tour will be. isn't $10 in train tickets and a $5 cab worth it?
smily_headphones1.gif

and i really really want to go to the stereophile show and i'm going to try and make it at least one of the days. i'll be the one setting fire to anybody from new jersey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back