Who'll be first to try bone induction headphones?!?!?
Jun 27, 2007 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
I know one of you has to do it!

TEAC HP-F100 Filltune HiFi Bone Conducting Headphones
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...eadphones.html

They're only $500, guys... but I might just drop my Supermini and Darth Denon ideas if they're worth it. So, buy now... audiocubes ships anywhere in the world!!

P.S. - There was already one other thread on it, but I thought this title was a bit more appropriate.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 55
c'mon grndslm... be the risk taker here! If you don't like them, put them up in the FS section and state that they were too extreme and you needed too tweak your skull before you would have the best synergy!

edit : if I win the lottery tonight, I will order a set and put up a review!

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 55
Wow, I really want to try those!

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 55
I think the only way we'll find out how they sound is if we pool some money together and pass it around; get 5 people to each pay ~$100 and let each person audition it for 4-5 days. After everybody has tried it, the people that are still interested in it can buy the shares of those not interested; this will happen until one person has bought everybody else's shares. The problem, of course, is if all 5 decide they don't want to keep it, in which case these people would have to sell it on eBay or on these forums (these people can sell it for a little less than they bought it for, and the buyer can be the next group of 5 or so to try it out).

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #9 of 55
Can't even imagine how much they would have had to fool around with how the vibrations go to accurately play sounds. Though as for the little bit on perfect for those that are afraid of hearing loss I have my severe doubts on that. Even bypassing the middle ear and going straight to the cochlea, a loud consistent sound will still damage the cochlea, even if its just from bone vibrations...

Would be interesting to hear though, imagine how annoying it might be trying to hear that but people around you talking. You may go mad

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #10 of 55
Very interesting idea. $500 is too much of a hit for me to take. I do hope to see some reviews on it in the near future on headfi.

Jun 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 55
Yea, i've seen these up over at audio cubes now for a good while. I agree, these are a big risk.

Oh well, if anyone gets them, make sure to post impressions.

Jun 28, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the only way we'll find out how they sound is if we pool some money together and pass it around; get 5 people to each pay ~$100 and let each person audition it for 4-5 days. After everybody has tried it, the people that are still interested in it can buy the shares of those not interested; this will happen until one person has bought everybody else's shares. The problem, of course, is if all 5 decide they don't want to keep it, in which case these people would have to sell it on eBay or on these forums (these people can sell it for a little less than they bought it for, and the buyer can be the next group of 5 or so to try it out).

I'm down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back