WHOA! X-FI has at least 2 lives..
Jun 13, 2008 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

apatN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

After reading some info on shielding the x-fi I tried with the bag thing you get with every motherboard. But, when placing it I accidently let it fall causing it to mess up with my x-fi. The sound became only static, so I quickly turned off my amp and foobar. Turned everything back on and now got a beep. Pretty scary
eek.gif

So, I got my X-FI out (don't know why) got it back in and fired up my pc. Soundcard undetected (Vista). So, downloading drivers perhaps? Seems like a good guess since I'm enjoying Dire Straits again with my x-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
Did get an even more scary blue screen but after a reboot everything seems to be working just fine.

So, what happened? I think I shorted it, but wouldn't that mean it would be dead? Anyway, I'm just happy I don't have to buy another card especially since this one is going to be modded
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Yeah, no offense but that was a bad idea. I would assume you shorted it, which doesn't necessarily mean you fried it. Lesson learned, and thankfully, and hopefully it stays that way, your card didn't die.

Jun 14, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 5
It kinda was though I was just trying to get the dimensions of the card. But then I let it fall and it scared the crap out of me
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 5
But how is your XMOD? would u recommend them to me over a dedicated Soundcard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back