Whoa, this rap sample coming out my V6 rattles my skull
Jul 11, 2003 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KentWang

New Head-Fier
So, I'm a still n00b. I've had my V6 with velour pads for more than a year and have been reading this forum for even longer yet I still never got around to ABXing (blind-testing) some songs to see if my satisfication with my headphones and other audio equipment and files are because of the placebo effect. It's kinda like being a gourmet that just liked food but never got around to analyzing the taste (like saying it's too salty, needs more basil, etc.).

Anyway, V6 are supposed to have good bass but with the song "If It Ain't Ruff" by NWA (old school gangsta rap), the beat induces an incredibly low-freq bass that rattles my skull. I've never noticed this with any other songs and I listen to a lot of rap and trance. Most bass from headphones don't feel tactile at all, but with this particular sample it feels like I'm listening to bass coming out of a '64 Impala low-rider. It's not unpleasant, possibly fatiguing, but certainly interesting.

If you want to check out this sample, PM me. I have this file in a lossless FLAC but can send you a 10-second MP3 or Ogg clip. I'm at work right now, but I'll get to you by 10pm tonight (central time). Or you can try getting it off of Kazaa, but maybe MP3 will clip off the low frequency (plus piracy is bad, right?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back