Whoa... Earbud foamies make that BIG of a difference?
Jul 26, 2006 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blazer78

500+ Head-Fier
So i was walking around in the city and happend to have noticed that one of AT's supplied foamies had somehow slipped off my CM7Ti's Right earbud. Was pissed, cuz i thought they were of quite high quality, luckily i have a few spares from my older earphones that aren't in use.

When i slipped on my old fluffy foamies from one of my el cheapo earphones, the bass was like... hmm.. insanely impressive for an earbud? (~75% bass quantity of the KSC75, based on my own personal judgement) So i was wondering, Do fluffy foamies compliment bass? or did AT's supplied foamies suck?

hitd9.jpg

hi2su6.jpg

Jul 26, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 3
The AT supplied foamies are thinner than other foamies I've tried. They stretch out over time and can fall off after losing elasticity.

Depending on how the earbuds fits your ears, thicker or thinner foamies may more comfortable. I think the deeper the earbud sits in your ears, the more bass there is. A thicker aftermarket foamie may provide a better fit and more bass than the AT supplied foamies.

Jul 26, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 3
Well i have tried jamming the earbuds in my ear once, it did produce more bass but it was very uncomfortable. I guess new foamies have just led me to believe that these things actually have quite a bit of bass in them
cool.gif

Odd though, it could be the thicker foamies isolate environmental sounds more leading to me hearing more bass. But could it also be the way the foamies vibrate when the sound wave hits them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back