Who would win in a fight between Hulk and Superman?
Mar 2, 2007 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

arnesto

500+ Head-Fier
I got this from the marvel website about the Hulk
"His capacity for physical strength is potentially limitless due to the fact that the Hulk's strength increases proportionally with his level of great emotional stress, anger in particular. The Hulk has shown a high resistance to physical damage nearly regardless of the cause, and has also shown resistance to extreme temperatures, poisons, and diseases in addition to regeneration of damaged or destroyed areas of tissue at an amazing rate.
The Hulk's body also has a gland that makes an "oxygenated per fluorocarbon emulsion", which creates pressure in the Hulk's lungs and effectively lets him breathe underwater and move quickly between varying depths without concerns about decompression or nitrogen narcosis."

This was on Wikipedia on Superman
"1986 rewrite, established several hard limits on his abilities: He barely survives a nuclear blast, and his space flights are limited by how long he can hold his breath.[69] Superman's power levels have again increased since then, with Superman currently possessing enough strength to hurl a mountain and withstand nuclear blasts with ease."

General guildlines, Superman does not attack the Hulk when he is Bruce Banner. Hulk does not have Kryptonite to weaken Superman.
They are both fighting in their most powerful form.
This is a battle of pure strength versus intelligence.
I believe eventually Hulk will grab Superman and rip his head off.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 60
Alternatively, Superman flies down right at the start before the hulk gets mega angry and flies him or punches him into space.

Vaccuum 1 Hulk Nil.

A whole 5 minutes out of supermans busy schedule of being a decent, useful superhero.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alternatively, Superman flies down right at the start before the hulk gets mega angry and flies him or punches him into space.

Vaccuum 1 Hulk Nil.

A whole 5 minutes out of supermans busy schedule of being a decent, useful superhero.

Wouldn't exactly be vacuum. The Hulk has survived in space before.

More like Momentum 1, Hulk 0.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vaccuum 1 Hulk Nil.

No, The Hulk's body also has a gland that makes an "oxygenated per fluorocarbon emulsion", which creates pressure in the Hulk's lungs and effectively lets him breathe underwater and move quickly between varying depths without concerns about decompression or nitrogen narcosis.

This will protect the Hulk, that would probably be the time the Hulk grabs Superman. And the Hulk will be so mad because Superman was trying to hurt him. Hulk would take a bite out of Superman's head and spit it out.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 60
They fought in Marcel vs. DC and Superman won.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They fought in Marcel vs. DC and Superman won.

Depends on who was the publisher of the comic book. Superman is from DC and Hulk is from Marvel.

I'm guessing the comic book that you read is from DC.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on who was the publisher of the comic book. Superman is from DC and Hulk is from Marvel.

I'm guessing the comic book that you read is from DC.

Joint effort.

Still, it was unsatisfying. They determined all of the major battles in that series by fan voting. Of course Superman is going to beat out the Hulk.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #9 of 60
I think the hulk can beat superman.His strength is limitless.the only way i see superman is to somehow hurl him into space deep enough in to space so that he cant breathe.i dont think superman can knock the hulk out.It would be a good fight i'd like to see that.

Didn't Marvel buy D.C.?

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #10 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the Hulk movie, we see that the Hulk loses consiousness at a certain altitude, so in that respect, if Superman grabbed him and chucked him into space, then he is screwed.

Both superheroes have evolved over time and their powers have changed.

Originally Superman was unable to fly and could only jump up to 1/8th of a mile. A tank blast may have killed him, but after 1986 there was a re-write of his powers, where he could fly to different planets and destroy meteors.

Same with the Hulk, in the TV series he couldn't jump and barely break a brick wall. After his re-write, he has able to jump into outer space. Plus he strength became limitless. I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it was a poorly animated CGI interacting with real people.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by thahater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the hulk can beat superman.His strength is limitless.the only way i see superman is to somehow hurl him into space deep enough in to space so that he cant breathe.i dont think superman can knock the hulk out.It would be a good fight i'd like to see that.

Didn't Marvel buy D.C.?

As far as fighting in outer space, the Hulk has the special ability to breathe in outer space. Superman can only stay in outer space as long as he holds his breathe.

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't exactly be vacuum. The Hulk has survived in space before.

More like Momentum 1, Hulk 0.

And eventually hulk calms down. Vaccuum 1, Banner Nil

Quote:

No, The Hulk's body also has a gland that makes an "oxygenated per fluorocarbon emulsion", which creates pressure in the Hulk's lungs and effectively lets him breathe underwater and move quickly between varying depths without concerns about decompression or nitrogen narcosis.

This will protect the Hulk, that would probably be the time the Hulk grabs Superman. And the Hulk will be so mad because Superman was trying to hurt him. Hulk would take a bite out of Superman's head and spit it out.

Do you even know what oxygenated flourocarbon emulsion is? (no per).

This would certainly not protect him in space if its the explanation for why he can survive underwater. Its also a dumb explanation, even within such a comic book context.

Superman doesnt need to even stay in contact with Hulk to get him up there. A few in-out repeated blows would do the trick.

Quote:

As far as fighting in outer space, the Hulk has the special ability to breathe in outer space. Superman can only stay in outer space as long as he holds his breathe.

I'd like to know which bit of Marvel canon established that fact.

Ultimately, Superman is going to win through any of the Hulks various invulnerabilities through expedient of the simple fact that he has controlled flight and doesnt revert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back