Who watches motorcycle road racing?
Apr 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tvrboy

1000+ Head-Fier
Any MotoGP, World Superbikes, AMA, or BSB fans in here? What series do you follow? Who do you like? My favorite riders are:

MotoGP: Colin Edwards, Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo
WSBK: Nori Haga, Max Biaggi, Leon Haslam
BSB: James Ellison
AMA: Jake Zemke, Josh Hayes, Larry Pegram

May 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 17
Watching the Motogp race right now. Forza Vale!!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any MotoGP, World Superbikes, AMA, or BSB fans in here? What series do you follow? Who do you like? My favorite riders are:

I love MotoGP only! Especially The excellent performance of Valentino Rossi!
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

May 2, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 17
Isle of Man TT all the way!

May 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 17
Having bikes myself, I used to watch MotoGP, some BSB, WSBK and of course, the TT. I don't really watch any of it now.

May 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 17
I was just about to watch the replay of the Jerez race since I couldn't wake early enough to catch the live feed and Speed Channel would rather show the track dry from a rain delay for the Nascar Truck Series. FFFUUUUUUUUUUU!

May 9, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #10 of 17
I have been wanting to get back into watching races for awhile but didn't feel like ponying up the extra $ to TWC.  I was missing racing so much I started watching NASCAR.  Well, I don't know what happened but somehow we started getting the Speed channel.  It is still part of an extra tier package which I never paid for so some glitch has allowed me to access it and I have been watching as much motorcycle racing as possible - including Supercross.

I go back to the days of Rainey and Schwantz bangin' handlebars.  Love to watch the GP races but the maturation of SBK has been fascinating.  I have yet to go to a GP race - which will be resolved soon now they are back in the States - but have been to Laguna Seca for SBK.  Amazing racing and skill level of these riders is off the charts.

My wife and I used to go every year to New Hampshire for the AMA races.  Unfortunately they banned the track due to safety issues.

I know SBK is on later today on Speed.  Looking forward to it!!!

May 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #12 of 17
The Northwest 200 was last weekend and I really enjoyed the coverage. For those of you who don't know, think Isle of Man TT but with mass start, so they are racing side-by-side with proper overtaking etc. Really scary stuff!

May 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 17
Yeah, road racing is cool, but you can't watch it unless you get the BBC or have a Racing Underground membership. At least they show superbike and motogp on speed, those are more accessable. Even though Speed's coverage of any moto racing is TERRIBLE. Remember last year when they broadcasted AMA races on a 2-week delay? All of their original shows are awful, I dunno why a channel for RACING would show living the low life or some other crap instead of actual car or bike racing.

May 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #15 of 17
yeah the nw 200 was great this year. races down to the wire. ilike having steve parrish as a continuity between nw200 and motogp, which was pretty dull this weekend. i think stoner crashing was a shame. hope he gets back up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back