Who wants to order some Vwap pads?
Nov 6, 2003 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

fractus2

Headphoneus Supremus
On the A list of Grado pad mods are the Head-Fi Vwap modified pads. They are the Sennheiser H-19545 yellow pads that are dyed black with a hole. After e-mailing Vwap, he says that since the flat pads came on the market he's not making them unless there is a demand.

I know I would purchase one. Post your orders, wish list herein this thread and let's get him back in business!

Update Just got an e-mail from Vwap and he's going to do a run on pads and will take orders via headfi@vwap.net. Pls order by November 23, 2003.

Here is the link for orders.

Vwap pad
order site

Nov 6, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 25
I concur. I think that the Vwap pads (aka modded senn pads) are just as good soundwise as the flat pads only in a different way. The Vwap pads give a more transparent sound than the flats while the flats seem to accuentuate the bass a little more and give the sound a bit more body. It depends on what Grado cans were talking about as well--I like the Vwap pads more on the Sr60s while on the Sr225s I like the flat pads.

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 25
I just ordered two pairs from sennheiser and will be cutting the hole in them myself. The yellow makes me look even more the jackass as I wear my pretentious looking SR-60's around campus, and yellow is a school color.

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 25
I wish I had a decent digital camera, you should see my RS-2 with the senn pads, now that looks funny!!.

Nov 6, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 25
It’s well worth the money to have vwap make the pads. To say they look professionally done is an understatement. Until the flat pads came back the vwap pads were the best bang for the buck I ever heard. And at their price point they are an excellent investment and probably still the best bang for the buck you’ll hear.

Mitch

Nov 6, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by GTbuzz
I just ordered two pairs from sennheiser and will be cutting the hole in them myself. The yellow makes me look even more the jackass as I wear my pretentious looking SR-60's around campus, and yellow is a school color.

That's funny, I always thought of the SR-60 as unpretentious as it gets. They have a very industrial look to them, to me these headphones mean business. Nothing unnecessarily fancy here. Now walking around with an RS-1--that's a different story.

Nov 7, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 25
I would like some vwap pads as well! Come on vwap, you know you want to make them again!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back