Who wants to fix my amp?
Dec 28, 2004 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, my PIMETA is nonfunctional, but I don't really want to mess with the board anymore because I'm afraid I'll screw it up.

Basically what needs to be done is... one of the PS rail caps needs to be put back on, the fried TLE2426CLP needs to be replaced with a fresh one, the holes clogging up the OPAG position needs to be cleared and a socket needs to be installed, the JFET cascodes for biasing into class A need to be put in and the amp needs to be tested and checked for DC offset and all that jazz.

I'd love for one of you guys to fix it and I'd gladly pay 30 US for the repairs. I have all the parts and can send them with the amp (albeit not connected as stated previously).

Anyone interested? I'll do all casework, so only worry about the amp itself.

Dec 28, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 6
If you have no takers, and are willing to wait a month, I'm building two Pimeta's. I have ordered the parts and am waiting for them.

I'll have enough experience to trouble shoot it by then.

Right now, I have the tools at least to desolder the parts properly. My new desoldering station makes sucking solder out of PCB holes a breeze.

And there would be no need to pay for the repairs. Just cover the shipping charges.

-Ed

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Shoot me a PM I will give you the information for were and how to send your stuffs.
Of course...... Unless you are gonna take Ed up on his very kind offer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Wow I didn't know so many would offer. Ed, you MisterX and thrice also sent me a PM about it.

I'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible, though so I'll probably send it to thrice.

Edit: okay it's going to go to thrice to be repaired, I already told him I'd let him do it. sorry guys. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back