Who uses LaLa?
Feb 19, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 25
I've made 3 trades so far. I'm waiting on two CDs and also waiting on my shipping supplies. I'll see how that turns out and take it from there. So far I have 22 CD (ouuta 87) that people want from me.

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 25
Did Lala just start up? I just now discovered it. I'm not sure about it. I might put some of my uber crappy stuff into the mix that I wouldn't lose sleep over if I never saw again. Regardless, its a cool concept.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #19 of 25
I joined a month or two ago...sent out some CDs that I either don't like or haven't listened to since the '80s, and got some interesting stuff in return. I agree with Calaf...it's a fun way to get rid of old CDs, but you can't be in a hurry.

You also can't count on a 1:1 send/receive ratio. So far I've sent 14 and received 7, which is still better than I would get at a used CD store.

The biggest problem with it is that a lot of people use Lala as a kind of online catalog of their own CDs (evidently to meet people with similar tastes in music), and put every CD they own up there, whether they're willing to send it or not. Consequently, there's a ton of stuff on there that isn't really available.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #20 of 25
So far my experience with Lala is going good. I sent out 4 albums and have received 5. Well I've actually received 4 and still waiting on one. Still it's a pretty good service. The forums there really sucks though.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #21 of 25
I used to receive a 'Cd on its way' notice within minutes of sending my stuff out. And this was usually obscurish stuff, mostly jazz. For some reason my last couple trades have been SUUUUUUUPER slow. Im still a few behind, not sure what is going on.

Its still a great service, I am actually wearing one of their shirts right now.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to receive a 'Cd on its way' notice within minutes of sending my stuff out. And this was usually obscurish stuff, mostly jazz. For some reason my last couple trades have been SUUUUUUUPER slow. Im still a few behind, not sure what is going on.

Its still a great service, I am actually wearing one of their shirts right now.

same here (not wearing the t-shirt though). I have been green-lighted for two weeks with 100+ CDs in the want list and nothing has shipped. And the forums have all but disappeared. Something must be going on...

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #24 of 25
is this kinda like NetFlix, but for music?

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this kinda like NetFlix, but for music?

It a place to trade music. No renting like on Netflix. You can either trade cds or buy them from the store on Lala

Users who are viewing this thread

Back