Who takes Proton Pump Inhibitors?
Jul 2, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 9
I take Prilosec, it changed my life.

I used to have reflux so bad, water would give me heartburn.

Now I take one pill a day, and I maybe have to take 1 Tums every 3 months.

Life is good.

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I take Zantac (Ranitidine) for my heartburn/indigestion/reflux which is an H2-Receptor Antagonist rather than a Proton-Pump Inhibitor. My Stomach isn't delicate enough to merit my using a long duration medicine like a PPI. I just take the pills when the symptoms appear.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 9
I took some while I was taking an anti-inflammatory and they seemed to work fine for that purpose (dealing with side-effects).
I had occasional minor digestion issues while taking them but it could have been the other meds or even something else.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 9
Umm, dont know if this counts but I messed up my esophagus by drinking WAAAAAAAY to much acid. I would have lemonade with a whole lemon squeezed in the glass with no sugar, I would have this more than once a day sometimes and I also had way to much orange juice (I love acidic things, not sure why).

I got bad chronic acid reflux as a result, and got put on nexium. It worked wonders.

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 9
I take Prilosec OTC also. It seems to work for me also.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by beetle-juice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take Prilosec OTC also. It seems to work for me also.

So do I. I have found that if I cut the pills in half and take 1/2 a pill every other day it still works. So that is what I am doing.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 9
I took Nexium for a couple of years. I only had a problem at night, and mainly if I slept on my right side. I'd wake up choking from the acid reflux. The problem seems to have cleared up for now. Hope it doesn't come back. I watch what I eat before it gets too late at night now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back