Who ships Grado's internationally?
Feb 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SawaFish

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I've got a simple question which is stated in the title: Which online stores ship Grados/Alessandros internationally (or are located in the Netherlands) so I can enjoy some music with a Grado signature
smily_headphones1.gif
. I ordered a pair of Grado SR80's from Todd The Vinyl Junkie but my order got cancelled
mad.gif

Please help me,
SawaFish

Ps. If anybody can tell me a store in the Netherlands which sells and let you try Grado's I'd be gratefull!

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Wow, 3 replies in 2 minutes
eek.gif

Thanks for the answers!
smily_headphones1.gif
I was already pointed to that site by wea5 and I just send an email to confirm that they really ship world wide. I still wonder though if cans like the Grado SR80 are sold anywhere for a reasonable price and shipped internationally. I'm sceptical about that since both Headroom and TTVJ say they aren't authorized to do so....
frown.gif

If the answer from Alessandro High-End Products is positive then I'll probably buy the Alessandro MS1 as soon as I can afford to spend the money (I'm almost broke, thanks to Head-Fi
tongue.gif
)

Edit: If I would make a new thread with the same question would I get the same responses as fast as now
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 9
actually, i don't get why alessandro-products.com offers free worldwide shipping
smily_headphones1.gif
if you provide a $50-60 service for free, then you ought to benefit from it heavily since it's a tremendous distinctiveness in the market. what's more, the website really needs a reconstruction: dozen of dead links -some of which are crucial, e.g. "about orders" link-, a weird java applet for ordering process etc. maybe this strengthens the mysterious image of alessandro cans
smily_headphones1.gif
yet a manufacturer/authorized dealer should present its product line as if it is the manufacturer/authorized dealer.

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SawaFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sceptical about that since both Headroom and TTVJ say they aren't authorized to do so....
frown.gif

Actually, Headroom and TTVJ had to comply with Grado's own policies with regards to international shipping. This means that Grado itself has told Headroom and TTVJ to not ship Grado products to any country outside the Continental U.S. where Grado has authorized distributors. In the case of the Netherlands, Grado has a few authorized resellers, so no U.S.-based reseller may legitimately ship Grados to the Netherlands. And any Grado product sold at a U.S.-based reseller which ships Grado products internationally will not be even repaired by Grado, even at full retail price (this means no warranty or repair service at all whatsoever at any price)!

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, Headroom and TTVJ had to comply with Grado's own policies with regards to international shipping. This means that Grado itself has told Headroom and TTVJ to not ship Grado products to any country outside the Continental U.S. where Grado has authorized distributors. In the case of the Netherlands, Grado has a few authorized resellers, so no U.S.-based reseller may legitimately ship Grados to the Netherlands. And any Grado product sold at a U.S.-based reseller which ships Grado products internationally will not be even repaired by Grado, even at full retail price (this means no warranty or repair service at all whatsoever at any price)!

I can confirm that this is correct. As a Dutch Grado reseller I am not authorised to sell outside the NL.

As to the warranty I think you are not correct, at least in the EU you are not correct. The customer has a legitimate right to warranty where ever he bought the goods and the manufacturer has by law to grant those rights.
This has already been proven in courts many years ago where Phillips (amongst others) refused warranty for 'grey' import colour televisions and/or bought goods by travellers who carried them back to NL (tax free airport stuff etc.).

The court ruled that if manufacturers did not want such sales to happen they should stop delivery and/or punish the sellers, both of which are under their control, but they should not punish the customer by refusing warranty.
{the full ruling is much more but this is what it cam down to}

How I know? I worked in the service department from Philips Consumer Electronics at the time. As of that date all Philips branded products contain a worlwide warranty.

Common practice however is still to refuse the warranty, and who is the small customer knowing this all and being able to fight the big Goliath and win?

Rgds Hans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back