who regretted buying ep630, cx300, md33?
Feb 5, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #32 of 54
I thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread! They are alright for the price I guess. I gave all my pairs away and now they my friends are enjoying them.

Cheers,

Donny

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #33 of 54
i love my ep-630, to me they sound clear and the bass is not too much =O (never feel the bass to be way overpowered, maybe just me as i can easily adapt to any kind of headphones/IEM/canal). Compared to ex-51 this sound alot better, clearer mid and high is not piercing my ear as ex-51 does to me xD. Even then i love my ex-51 still
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #34 of 54
Unless I need good isolation when I go somewhere the ER4 stay at home and the EP630 come along. Why is there so much dislike for them? they have a awesome fun sound signature!

I do regret buying the CX300 somewhat because of their cable but I got them for half price so it's not too bad!

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless I need good isolation when I go somewhere the ER4 stay at home and the EP630 come along. Why is there so much dislike for them? they have a awesome fun sound signature!

What? Define "fun". Because to my ears, they sound incredibly dull.

Ears-piercing highs, fatiguing sound, muddy bass and no clarity whatsoever. EP-630s, my first headphone deception :,(

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #37 of 54
I loved the design so I tried all the iterations (or so it seems) but in the end I realized I was asking a pea sized phone to do what no pea had ever done before, however, since I learned something by doing this, I have no regrets. BTW, I thought (think) the Senn MX400 is a much better and cheaper phone.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, I thought (think) the Senn MX400 is a much better and cheaper phone.

But EP-630s are much more comfortable than mentioned Senns.
It was unbearable for me to wear them more than 1 hour. And when i purchased Creative's i felt like in heaven. They are extremely comfortable. I wore them with the least tips. Isolation was for me good. Sound quality maybe not perfect but acceptable.

Are there any other canals as comfortable (or more) as 630s?? FX33, HNJ300, SHE 9500?? I'm planning to buy some stuff, because my Creatives are no more able to be used
rolleyes.gif
Are these mentioned in line above better??

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #40 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladdin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But EP-630s are much more comfortable than mentioned Senns.
It was unbearable for me to wear them more than 1 hour. And when i purchased Creative's i felt like in heaven. They are extremely comfortable.

Wow, I must have really weird ears canals, because I find the Ep-630s to be very uncomfortable and painful, especially in my left ear. They also don't isolate much.

That is using the stock tips. Comfort and isolation can be improved dramatically with UE foamies/silicon tips. Using the large UE tips with the EP-630s, I can barely feel them and the seal is perfect.

However, it took some of the bass away and increased the sibilance of the canalphones. The EP-630s still suck for any kind of metal.

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 54
In my D2 the EP630 sounds good. I have CX-300 that cost $10 more than my EP630. Btw, i am waiting for my Denon AH-C700
biggrin.gif
can't wait xD

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #42 of 54
i got a pair of ep630s for free from a laptop deal... i didnt like them much more than the stock ibuds

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got a pair of ep630s for free from a laptop deal... i didnt like them much more than the stock ibuds

The fact that they give them away with laptops (Dell XPS) should be a clear indicator of their true value...

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #44 of 54
I have the EP630's and I hate them. The sound wasn't too bad, but the fit is terrible. Once I had a seal, I had to adjust them every couple minutes to keep it. And the cord is almost sticky, and even if you just brush up against it, it pulls the earpiece out. What a hassle.

Once I got my UM1's, I realized how much the EP630's suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back