Who likes Sting/The Police?
Sep 1, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang

Give me the rawness of the earliest albums, anyday - when it was still rock.

I agree 100% if of course...Sting was perpetually attempting to record Rock albums. He has not and hence your discontentment when said albums were not your thing.

Adult contemporary, Easy Listening, Jazz, Orchestral, World Beat, Calypso, Carribean...these are what he has dabbled with along with rock and roll...but that is best left to his days in the Police.

Sep 1, 2003 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 24
Yes. well said. I guess I'm just a meat and potatoes guy.
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 24
Yeah, surprisingly, I like him. I have the Police CD boxset, Message in a Box, and bought a couple of the SACD's, and have several of the early Sting albums (only Dream of the Blue Turtle come to mind, though).

Sep 2, 2003 at 9:40 AM Post #19 of 24
In honor of this thread, I just bought "Reggatta de Blanc" on vinyl today (the 2 10"-disc pressing).
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I just need "Outlandos D'Amour"! That's really my favourite!

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #20 of 24
I have (The Police) Greatest Hits and Fields of Gold and I think they are both great, not to mention the great recording quality on Fields of Gold.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 24
The Police seem to have a whole bunch of new SACD hybrid remasters out, all digipacks
biggrin.gif
I was soo tempted to pick up at least Zenyatta Mondatta (I got a real serious case of digipack-fetish
wink.gif
), but decided I was way over budget already
cool.gif

but yeah, they're cool. great musicians too (Copeland drummed for Peter Gabriel amongst others), from back in the day when bands could actually play...

I find I'm totally burnt out on their hits though, can't stand them anymore. with every album having at least a couple of them, that kinda makes it a tough listen
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #22 of 24
I was just thinking about getting a gh collection from The Police. Do you have the 1998 release with the head shots of the three in sunglasses? Looks like some great songs.
cool.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
I was just thinking about getting a gh collection from The Police. Do you have the 1998 release with the head shots of the three in sunglasses? Looks like some great songs.
cool.gif

I have a different one. I think it was released in 2002, an SACD hybrid. Nearly all of the songs on it though are really good. It's definitely worth getting.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #24 of 24
i just broke up with my girlfriend, who's name is roxanne. bitch.

i believe only the greatest hits cd is hybrid, however all of the actual albums were in separate sacd/hybrid releases. yay for the industry screwing us yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back