Who is the "Guilty Pleasure" singer you enjoy the most?
Jun 14, 2005 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Either is the "Guilty Pleasure" singer you enjoy the most, or is just SO darn guilty but you can't help listening, despite enjoying them or not...

For me, it's Rick Astley. "Never Gonna Give You Up!" Is this guy trying to be Luther Vandross or something? It cracks me up, but c'mon - when Summer rolls around, this always has a nice fun tinge of nostalgia for me. But no, I don't have it on the iPod- it's so damn embarassing that I don't even want the chance of anyone finding it on my playlist!

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 18
Sun Yan Zi (Chinese female pop singer)

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 18
LoL...I have a secondary collection of music with guilty pleasure stuff tucked in, which includes stuff like Richard Marx, Peter Cetera/Chicago, Bruce Hornsby, Jewel.

Jun 14, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 18
Yikes... I will have to dive into the eighties on this one and say...
Spandau Ballet...... I swear I am like the only person to know of their other works.

Staying with the 80's, I will also go with Christopher Cross. But the man truly can sing!! I guess video did kill the radio star..

Jun 15, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 18
George Michael

Jun 15, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #10 of 18
Well, apparently the singer that I am supposed to feel guilty about is Celine Dion. I can grasp the idea of certain individuals not jumping out of their seat, and holding their right hand in the air making declarations of Celine being the end all artist. But, on the other hand, for some of us, her music could be a beautiful display of emotion.

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 18
Gary Numan - I will never stop listening to cars "Cars", no matter how much my social life suffers.
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 18
The Toyes' "Two Joints" still brings a smile to my face thinking about racing down a gravel road on the way to the local nudist beach in Saskatchewan. Its a dumb song with not much musical to speak for it but........ well music and memories go together.

I like early Rickie Lee Jones as well. She has a great voice. Oh I like later Jones as well but the music grew up a lot.

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
LoL...I have a secondary collection of music with guilty pleasure stuff tucked in, which includes stuff like Richard Marx, Peter Cetera/Chicago, Bruce Hornsby, Jewel.

yeah.. ive got that "hidden" folder of music too. got my share of chicago, jewel, etc. also for some "train wreck" reasons.. wing (http://www.wingmusic.co.nz).. i keep replaying the freebies
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #15 of 18
enya -- even I can't justify my love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back