Who is not going to HeadFest? Why?
Apr 16, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #78 of 161
I live on the East Coast, and, frankly, this is still a relatively new hobby to me. I could justify neither the time nor expense to the better half. However, it looks like it's going to be an amazing confluence of industry reps., headphoners and - perhaps - media types. As a freelance journalist, I would have been delighted to cover the event, but I'll be forced to read what others have to say about it. Have fun, all.

Swede (Jason)

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #79 of 161
east coast college fi won't be able to make it for the large part- Lets do it on this side next year! Summer would be great too!

Apr 16, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #80 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not call me Fitzy.

geez Ryan, what's with the tone man? once you chill a bit howz about addressing the question. this site is all about sharing your experiences, whether in cyber space or at a meet.

Apr 16, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #81 of 161
My parents think its a kind of like a geeky LAN party, only with headphones
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #82 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
geez Ryan, what's with the tone man? once you chill a bit howz about addressing the question. this site is all about sharing your experiences, whether in cyber space or at a meet.

I don't do comparisons / reviews on the forums anymore, only by PM, sometimes.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #83 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't do comparisons / reviews on the forums anymore, only by PM, sometimes.

i'm sorry to hear that as it can be really useful to get impressions of how different cans compare and contrast, especially from an experienced head-fier such as yourself who has a nice collection and has played with other phones too. is there any particular reason, and might you reconsider? that is so much of what this site is about, and one of the aspects that myself and others will look fwd to hearing about from the upcoming head-fest.

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #84 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going because I'm seventeen and in Singapore
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sixteen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm 14. wish me luck riding in a plane across the country on a school day.

also, wooh, supremus.

WHAT? A joke right? That is just insane. You guys have spent so much more money than so many adults in Head-fi... How in the world can a 14 year old afford such high end cans,and actually able to obtain a credit card to buy them...>???!!!

Apr 16, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #85 of 161
no $ after joining HF & going to Vegas last week

Apr 16, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #87 of 161
Me, because I'm a broke high school student with no job.

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #89 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT? A joke right? That is just insane. You guys have spent so much more money than so many adults in Head-fi... How in the world can a 14 year old afford such high end cans,and actually able to obtain a credit card to buy them...>???!!!

I save up (which would mean not having any gaming console, computer games, expensive mobile phones, etc) and pay by cash.
plainface.gif

I'm not going because the school term is still on, and the airfare there would cost me more than what I intend to spend for my next upgrade.

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #90 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to sell my system in order to be able to afford to go. Which kind of beats the purpose, doesn't it?
biggrin.gif

Mmmmkay. So I'm guessing you're saying I can't hitch a ride anymore with you?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back