Who is not going to HeadFest? Why?
Apr 15, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #47 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing how my name is on the DHS terrorist no-fly list, I'm probably not making it past the border. On my last trip to the US some years ago, I found out much to my dismay that I share my name with a terrorist, and was detained and hassled for hours by TSA lackeys before they finally let me through Customs. There's no way I'm going through that again.

A few years ago my name somehow showed up on the list as well. Strange one day it was there and the next time I flew it was gone. Maybe they nabbed my namesake.

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #48 of 161
oh wow, roam, that must have really sucked, airport security's a *****. i've lost more random household items than i can count through airport security. even a furby and some floss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're 14?

yeah; that's why i type like a rebel

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #49 of 161
I am not going. I already travel too much for business. I really want/need to stay home with my family as much as I can.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #50 of 161
plane ticket is too expensive
mad.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #52 of 161
I was loosely planning on combining the meet with a trip to visit my brother (and a lot of other family) in SF, but unfortunately work commands too much of my life right now. I tried to convince my brother to go and pretend to be me and win me some prizes, but apparently he's too "busy" and "important" for his long forgotten brother.
biggrin.gif

I even bought him a UM1 last year, but he didn't catch the bug.

I do get to attend the Philadelphia meet at the end of the month, and the smaller size is a little more appealing given that the mid-fi equipment I'll be bringing is actually interesting to others. Everyone's equipment feels a bit more special at a smaller meet, IMO.

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #53 of 161
I really wish I could go but I simply don't have the time (It's right before frickin' finals! What the heck are the rest of you guys doin'?) or the money for a plane ticket, etc. Also, I still have some residual aversion to San Fran from the last time I visited and got a bunch of stuff stolen from my car. Wait, it's in San Jose? Dunno.... anyways, if it were closer to San Diego Comic Con (like in the July or August) then maybe I could swing it
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #57 of 161
I would love to be going to headfest. However, I am currently doing volunteer public health work for an NGO that provides multi-drug resistant tuberculosis and AIDS treatment free of charge to the poor of Peru. We also do community development, educational, health awareness work the shanty town in Lima in which the NGO first began working over ten years ago. I have been here for 8 months and am staying until August (a year in total).

For those of you who are making the trip, have a great time! Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year!

Apr 15, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #60 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to be going to headfest. However, I am currently doing volunteer public health work for an NGO that provides multi-drug resistant tuberculosis and AIDS treatment free of charge to the poor of Peru. We also do community development, educational, health awareness work the shanty town in Lima in which the NGO first began working over ten years ago. I have been here for 8 months and am staying until August (a year in total).

it sounds like you're doing some great work sorrick! btw, what's an ngo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my reason for not going to HeadFest.
She's due anytime this week.

haven't you ever heard of a scheduled c-section?
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back