Who is in France or the EU?
Dec 16, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #16 of 67
RJ Shop :)

Oh and this is a guy btw :p

Awesome place. I was in Amsterdam last weekend (ESCAPE?) :wink:

by the way thanks for passing by. There are many decent dutch multimedia stores that sell high-end headphones, a large concentration of them in europe actually.

I found this youtube video where the uploader said she bought her Samson SR850 at a very very competitive price from an online dutch site and she mentions its name but i l could never understand the pronounciation and write it down. (AA shop?)

Can you help identify the shop's name from the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQjc-0ZJEI

she mentions it between seconds 4 and 12.

:wink:

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #17 of 67
The Germans have a very vibrant forum of their own. Ask Sephino if you want to know more...

If you have not noticed, a lot of Europeans are frequently on HF but you have to pay close attention to the avatars and little information you get.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 67

Quote:
The Germans have a very vibrant forum of their own. Ask Sephino if you want to know more...

If you have not noticed, a lot of Europeans are frequently on HF but you have to pay close attention to the avatars and little information you get.

I can imagine, but they cannot be bigger than this one, and the knowledge of the English language is quite spread in Germany also. (more than here or than in France or Spain, for sure) ...therefore my question!

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #19 of 67
"But they cannot be bigger", so what? I liked the old Head-Fi more. A smaller forum without adverts and corporate sponsoring all the time, I much prefer that. 

The appliance of the BS-filter here is almost reason enough to stop post posting here. Thankfully some people I still trust on this site. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #20 of 67
Excuse me, what is the BS-filter?

P.S. Yes, I would prefer a smaller forum too. I don't mind corporate ads, I just that I can't stand such big forums attract a lot of internet addicteds that spend more time here than listening, or frustrated nerds that reply just to show you their knowledge even if it has nothing to do with the topic because here they have the power LOL. And so many Good Ones left...

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #21 of 67
Bull ****  
smily_headphones1.gif
 Sometimes I have to filter through so much BS that I just leave. 

I am in Psytrance mode with the HP1 Ortho thus my reply is short.

Edit: the word for bull excrement is in asterixes. (...!)

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #24 of 67

Quote:
I'll be in Firenze January through June...Eduardo how's the audiophile scene in Italia look? 

Florence is a wonder, I hope that you won't find too many tourists because of the crisis... It'd be a bliss in this case.
I mean, God bless tourism, I pray every night for them to come, it's just that sometimes they are just too many for anyone to enjoy anything at all. 

Audiophile scene in Italy? Well, unlike in many other countries, here the Hi-Fi market and the Hi-End market are neatly separated, and audiophiles are considered just wealthy fools. One one side, Chinese rubbish, on the other side, audiophile boutiques, in which the owner literally kicks you out of the shop if you don't mean to spend by the thousands for his 2000-euro "entry-level system" (so sorry I don't think you'll find any hospitality there. It's just like going into a jewelry or in a Ferrari point asking for a ride.). 
Most audiophile magazines talk just about cables and/or endorse their three or four-zeroed stuff sold by their main sponsors.
Dealers, along with their restrictions, make their retail prices the highest ones I know of.
Even Italian vinyl prints are crappy, so used discs printed in the UK, Netherlands and Germany are charged much more than the stamp.

So the Hi-End sector here is almost dead as you can guess by yourself.

I must say some Italian-made stuff is engineered and manufactured excellently, and that they really make an effort to challenge the competitors, it's just that Italian commercial and fiscal laws are everything but business-friendly. Due to taxes, you'll be likely to find the same stuff in the USA for less. But I guess the "good" firms are known abroad also. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #25 of 67

Quote:
Florence is a wonder, I hope that you won't find too many tourists because of the crisis... It'd be a bliss in this case.
I mean, God bless tourism, I pray every night for them to come, it's just that sometimes they are just too many for anyone to enjoy anything at all.

Well I guess I'll kind of be a tourist coming from America...but I hope to blend in well.  Speaking the language helps
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 67
is there anybody interested in a paris meet? I try really hard to get one together, but I'm not ready enough to start a thread.

drop me a line if you'd like to get in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back